Are they always for sale?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://hometown.aol.com/nixonshillfarm/index.html

Everything is for sale, however......................if they are a real favorite.... the price is high, and that is what I tell interested buyers. "I don't want to sell that horse so my price is quite high"

I did place a "NFS" on one horse on our site because I have just purchased him and want at least one foal crop.

Revenue Canada would understand that
default_yes.gif

I just read this thread from the beginning.

I owe some of you a huge apology. As you know from most of my posts in the past I have been quite judgemental on the over-breeding of horses period....doesn't matter the breed. I've only seen the ugly side except for a couple great gals in my area.....my Moonie's breeder - Dona - is one of the best IMO. And so are you all. To hear that a good home comes above a price tag or that the horse is priceless warms my heart.

While none of our horses are advertised for sale because we bought them to show and don't want to sell off our show string, we do have some horses that would go if the right person came along and some that will never leave.

My Gelding, Streak, will never leave. He was my first miniature I ever showed and the first miniature that was placed in my name. I am one of the few people to ever have shown him and he has still got a LONG show career ahead of himself. At his the end of his career the only other home he would ever have would be with Cyndy Enke, a dear friend and the co-owner of him.

Also, my mom's Sr. Mare Stella won't ever be going anywhere. In her younger years she was mistreated and has now found her forever home.

With these two, it really doesnt matter how they perform at the shows. Of course we love for them to do well but at the end of day they are loved no matter what
default_wub.png
not spoiled at all
default_wink.png

Although those 2 are the only ones that would NEVER leave, it would also be extremely hard to let any of my others go. We don't buy our horses or train them to breed. We have our horses to show and to help them accomplish the very best of their individual abilities. That is really what would make it so difficult to say goodbye to any of them, but fortunately it is not in the plan to sell any of them at the moment
default_smile.png

Pretty much everything is for sale. Our old gelding Dunny is one that has a forever home, though- he's one of those worth-his-weight-in-gold ponies. Does everything and is child safe.

It would take a pretty penny to get Sunny, though. He's another does-anything guy, my first National Champion, and a sweet sweet guy. Gorgeous to boot.
default_wink.png

Jane has her faves, too.... but she's not as sentimental as I am....
default_biggrin.png

So yeah, if the $$ was offered, they would go.

Lucy

I could never sell any of mine, and if we ever breed Scarlet, it would be for a baby we would keep forever.

Thank goodness, however, for those who can sell...otherwise we wouldn't have the two we purchased. As for the other two...thank goodness for the incredible people (Jayne of this forum for one) who rescued them!

My horses (and dogs and cats) are my babies. They will be with me until I die. When I was in the hospital, I had my proof, as I didn't fully recover until I was back home with my family -- human, equine, canine, and feline.

Some yes, some no. I have two that will be with me forever. They arent fancy or perfect but I can't imagine not having them in my life. They are full brother and sister. Vali Mini Ranch Speedy Windsong is my fat pudgy absolutley good for nothing gelding
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
and Vali Mini Ranch Painted Breeze is his sister.

Speedy has the funniest personality, he is a practcal joker, always in your pocket and a pain in the butt and I just adore him
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
he is the horse of my heart
default_biggrin.png

This is Speedy... can't you just see the comedy in his face
default_biggrin.png

scan0002-1.jpg

Breezy is a sweet, try to please you kinda girl, just show her and she'll try her heart out, just like her dad. I had their Dad, Sligo Ranchero, almost his whole life and he was like that too. Don't get me wrong, I love all my guys and they all have a special place in my heart as each one has a special personality but those two will never leave they are priceless
default_wub.png

This is Breezy and one of my 4H kids

4H2-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
NO!!!! I have some I will NEVER sell, and have already turned down some generous offers on a couple.

No ...and... yes. I started out with a group of 6 mares all from the same farm. They had been together for most of their lives and I hope they will get to remain together for the rest, then there are the home breds and finally my boys. I do not anticipate ever selling my core group of horses but if the right person offered in the right set of circumstances I can't say i would NEVER sell them.

According to the IRS, every horse on the place is for sale. However . . . .
default_rolleyes.gif

Yes, as I was going to say too, if you are declairing your farm to the IRS, all of your horses are for sale. Just some have a price on them that no one would be willing to pay for
default_yes.gif
Ditto.
default_wink.png

That said, we are always open to offers.
default_yes.gif
Just know that in any offers, you must also include your solemn vow to love them just as genuinely, and provide quality care for them just as well, if not BETTER, than as we will always strive for. Lord willing.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i have 3 forever horses

but everyone else could go home with the right person

i still own my 4th birthday present

i have had princess for over 22 years

i love her dearly and will own her until she dies

tippy and lightening are also not for sale to anyone for any price

i will have those two forever

We have an evergrowing herd of pets, retirees and keepers for various reasons that I have no intention of ever selling or re-homing. My older mares are retireed - deservedly so and they all kept their last daughter so that adds to the fun, then the original three, and the pets and the . . . and so on and so on and so it goes!

The one huge BUT to that is if someone came along that just 'clicked' with a specific horse even a solid 'no way that one is leaving' horse and I sincerely thought it would be a better place for them then I would most definitely consider it. But to actually go on a sales list - death or divorce would be the only way some of them ever would LOL!!!

I tell my kids the dogs/horses get everything so they have to take care of them to inherit anything - they just love that one!!!
default_yes.gif

I do have some that would be (for the right price!) but I have several that will NEVER EVER EVER be for sale, no matter what price I was offered
default_smile.png

Jessi

Latest posts

Back