are hubby's interested ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AS IF BY MAGIC

Reaction score
HOW MANY PEOPLE, HAVE PARTNERS THAT ARE NOT ONE BIT INTERESTED IN THE MINI'S - ARE WE ON OUR OWN WHEN IT COMES TO OUR HOBBIES ?

Good Grief, I could never drag him away from the TV anyway-I think I got out of it lightly, all things being equal- NOW WILL YOU PLEASE STOP STOP SHOUTING, I HAVE A HEADACHE !!!!!!!

[SIZE=14pt]Mine isnt interested at all. He does build barns and put up fences but getting him to come to a show is torture for him which he avoids at all cost unless I cant find anyone else to drive me.[/SIZE]

Lyn

My hubby is very supportive - he does all the feeding daily and usually is happy to help on projects on the weekends he's not playing with his band. He loves all the animals here, too - even raised his own bottle lamb one year!

He even proposed to me on one knee in the middle of a horse stall while we were living at a boarding stable while we were raising an orphan Arabian filly! (At that point I figured if he was crazy enough to want to marry me, that I'd better keep him!)
biggrin.gif

Not interested at all here. Helps put truck loads of hay away when it is delivered, of course under duress. Sympathetic when a foaling goes wrong, mostly complains about the cost of things. Brags when something good happens, like when I do well at a show, or a foal is born, or one gets sold. Thinks the barn work gets done magically, wouldn't know what a picthfork is if I hit him with it, but all in all, he's a good guy.

Have to say my hubby is as interested in the horses as I am. He does all the barn, he has trained them for driving, and halter trains, does the round pen work, and loves on them as much as I do. He does a wonderful job of trining in the round pen with his stallion and so neat to watch. He had a stroke couple years ago but this has been wonderful therapy for him and can hardly tell he had a stroke now. Mary

AS IF BY MAGIC said:
HOW MANY PEOPLE, HAVE PARTNERS THAT ARE NOT ONE BIT INTERESTED IN THE MINI'S -  ARE WE ON OUR OWN WHEN IT COMES TO OUR HOBBIES ?
440774[/snapback]

Not my hubby yet, but may as well be. My fiance is very supportive. He comes to shows when he can, helps hold during grooming and while I do walk-throughs. He had not been around horses before me, but he is picking up the lingo well, and tries to understand things when I talk to him about the horses. I even took him to the White Lipizzaner Stallions exhibition and he really liked it! He has helped me clean stalls when I haven't been able to and is willing to take care of them when if I have to be gone for work or whatever. And, he still likes my gelding alot, even after the horse hit him with his nose in a very delicate spot.
wink.gif

My hubby, no way, no how! Did build my fence and "started" my little barn, which has only had a roof on it for 2 yrs. No worries, I put tarps around the outside of it. Works great! But it will have to get siding on soon, I hope!!

Complains about the cost of the minis ect. its all my hobby.

As for him, he has boats, snow machines, dune buggy's and trailers for each toy! I don't have a horsey trailer yet. I figure as far as minis and his toys are concerened we are about even.

But will be nagging about a trailer for my minis............
yes.gif

Mine is currently whining as he cant go to Centrals with us cuz he has to work. Hes very supportive, never complains about the cost and does all the trimming and hay getting. He also unpacks and hangs curtains. So I miss him a bunch next week. Especially the driving down . This means me and daughter will have to do it all by ourselves ugghh and in the heat!

My hubby is VERY interested. Even picked out our little mare. We both are heading to a show on Aug. 20 (his first, my first to show mini's). He can't wait to get out on our land and add to the herd!

Chris

Harvey is interested in the horses. Not to the obessive degree that I am, but he's interested and proud of them. He does most of the feeding and cleaning up after them, too.

When Erica sent me videos of Destiny, DunIT, Sunny and others, Harvey watched all of the videos with me and when we got the DVD of Destiny at the All American Classic, he also watched all of those classes and he always likes "our" horses the best
yes.gif

Harvey has his own favorites, too, of our minis. His all time favorite is our driving gelding, Eclipse, who is our very first mini and came home to us at 4mos old. He is also partial to our pony, Sundance, who came home as a 2.5mos (!!!) foal at the same time as Eclipse came home.

A lot of times, he acts like I'm the only one who wants the minis but I've overheard him telling others about ours, like how they've done at shows or if they looked bad when we got them, how much better they are now that they get good care, etc. AND I've caught him kissing Lou on her nose
wub.gif

My hubby used to complain about the expenses, and the time it took (away from him) but he has really been coming around the last few years. He began to see just what the horses mean to me, and showing. I've caught him bragging to people about our accomplishments, and he's learned a lot, about conformation and care of the horses, and about showing. He does all the heavy work (unloading and stacking hay, installing fences) and helps me whenever I need it.

He's gotten REALLY good at helping me at shows too-- he's groomed horses all by himself for an upcoming class!!
yes.gif

I was worried when I first got Olliver about that. Honey Ron went nuts over him and treats him like a dog (takes him on little walks on his lead). The next week he had me go pick out the girls and bought a brand new horse trailer. He has been psyched ever since!

Fran

My other half is VERY supportive of my addiction.....er...I mean hobby! Never grumbles about anything related to horses, cost, or work. (Thank God) As a matter of fact he's tried hanging the carrot in front of me to actually get another one or two...but it's ME that says...nawwww...not yet!!! (Is there something wrong with me??
new_shocked.gif
) I guess with what I have now I am satisfied, we have a routine, and it all works. I won't rule out another later on in the near future tho.
aktion033.gif
He's the gentle kind of cowboy that will school a horse for me just before a class in a show, hold them for me while I putter and get ready without complaining, and cheers me on with a big smile at the end of the classes, whether we did good or bad. He's my support system and my best friend. Oh and did I mention he's always at the ready when it's time to load up the horses and haul away to the shows!!!
wub.gif
aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine never had anything to do with "my" horses. Wasn't a horsey person at all. But over the years, he slowly started coming around. I found him in the barn one day picking out stalls......I thought to myself "this won't last long". Well, several years later, he still picks out the stalls (evenings & weekends) I do them in the morning since he leaves very early for work. He now proceeds to let me know I don't do it right!
no.gif
laugh.gif
That's OK...he DOES do a great job, rakes the isle down every time, etc. He would never admit it...but he loves the babies too. I catch him every once in a while like this.........

f3b2267e.jpg

f3b2268c.jpg

He helped me completely rebuild all the stalls a couple years ago, and this year installed 5 huge industrial fans in the barn & ran electric to every stall so we can used heated buckets this year!
yes.gif
He's a BIG help here at home, but don't ask him to go to any shows! They bore him to death & absolutely wants nothing to do with showing. That's OK....leaves him at home to take care of the horses when I go to shows!
yes.gif

aktion033.gif

My husband says he isn't interested but; he feeds them cleans them has built me

TWO awesome little barns for them, gets the hay and feed and makes supper in

the summer so I can work everyone when I get home. He will not play with a

foal unless it has been sold. I literally married the BEST man [our last name is

Best.] I could not ask for a more loving supportive partner. Linda B
yes.gif
yes.gif

biggrin.gif
Mine is a closet miniature horse lover..
wink.gif
He says he does not like them. But when he calls them pet names like "fuzz Ball" and "stinker" And tell Ace how he knows about being out numbered by all the females in his life. LOL

Even took 2 day off from farming to go to my first show.

HA and when he told me I could buy one or two has not said one word when it became 15... and is very happy when I sell one.HA

Ya he's a keeper.... after 30 years it's too late he stuck with me and my horses big and small!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back