Are Flying w Farms little blue boy Bloodline good?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaturehorselover

Reaction score
I have a miniature mare who i rescued for 400$ CND and i was looking at her papers and it says Sire is Fallen Ash farms Blue interlude and grand sire is Flying W farms little blue boy was this a good deal? Also wondering if the bloodline has good show records as im whiling to show her
default_smile.png
thanks

DSC09661.JPG

DSC09349.JPG

Blue Boy pedigree was the foundation of my breeding program and i love what i produced. Calm, beautiful and lots of brains.

How long have you had your mare and how old is she?

I think she's very cute.

She is cute
default_wub.png

I think FWF Blue Boy is known for a cute head, grey color and old style build. Depending on what you plan to do, that may or may not be a good fit for your plans, or other's who are reading and wondering about the line.

When we were building our very small herd of mares we did a lot of research and found that some of the best known farms use Blue Boy bred mares. So some of the those stallions whose get that you drool over, may have a Blue Boy bred mare in their pedigree. That was enough to convince us, so one of our broodmares - who produced our best foal to date - is Blue Boy bred. Yes, she is gray, but also a pinto, as are both her foals The other one is the gray on my avatar. Our other Blue Boy bred mare is Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic (never bred); the Blue Boy is farther back in her pedigree but her sire FWF Blue Boys Magic Man is still siring minis who are winning in the show ring. It was one of his sons - currently at the World Show - that sold us on that particular bloodline.

meeting cowboy 2 750.jpg

Thanks, I wanted to do obstacles with her as shes really good at that and jumping.. she knows how to do tricks sit,bow,lie down,rear and other stuff.. she is started on driving not quite there yet.. she has so much potential that i dont know where to start :p

She sounds like a very fun performance potential. Bloodlines are just one part of the equation. Both good and well known bloodlines can produce pets and show horses. Just like less known bloodlines can produce pets and show horses. At one time blue boy lines were the lines, but the pendulum swings in bloodline popularity.

Shes related to my little gal who I just love!! Ive only had her for a short time but I am very much in love with her.

Your girls a cutie
default_smile.png

Based on the pictures, your mini probably isn't going to be competitive showing in the halter classes, but I would definitely pursue the obstacles and jumping. Any given bloodline, even the best known, are going to have good and poor representatives. One couldn't say Blue Boy bred horses are good or bad. There are some amazing Blue Boy bred horses and there are some pasture pet type blue boy bred horses.

The smartest horse I ever worked with was a by a horse named Blue Patent, who's a paternal sibling to your horse's sire. She was reasonable competitive in halter locally, but she her strength were the performance classes. She was a quick study and precise in her every move, and she was 100% reliable.

While your little girl might not be halter or breeding quality ( bloodlines are not as important as what the horse ends up being because a grandsire is only a percentage of her whole genetic makeup...) she is certainly a "good deal" if she is pleasant to be around and most of all makes you happy!!! I bet the most priceless animals out there are the ones that are beloved family pets.

I happen to love the Blue boy line. They seem to be very smart and willing in performance!

You got a great deal on a superb performance horse if that's what you want.

My show gelding Zippy is from that bloodline and is a National Champion and 3x Reserve National Champion as well as a Reserve National Grand Champion!

Latest posts

Back