Arabian Ears???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to post this....I think this boy's head is awesome...and so did the judges at Nationals! This is Rhapsody's Reign Man - who was the Supreme Futurity Champion at the 2005 AMHR Nationals - owned by one of my web clients, Tim & Renee Bush of Claybury Miniatures.

other1.jpg

joker1.jpg

Here's my input for great ears on a mini; not too long and not too short. He's my 2X Reserve World Grand Champion. I hope the pic shows.

Here is a photo of my half-arab NSH yearling colt. Everyone always comments on his head and his ears.
default_wub.png
: He definitely got his momma's head rather than his dad's saddlebred head.

CA-Hot-Prophecy_03.jpg

Same big boy as a foal with his dam...

RockieProphecy1.jpg

And a photo of one of our Arabian mares:

Rho-Mistique_03.jpg

And her half-arab filly...

Mistiques-Sensation_14.jpg

Well LaVern, What do you think of these ears?? They belong to a mini by the name of Boones Little Double Buckeroo Showboy. He is a double bred Buckeroo stallion owned by the LaFrench Connection.
boonie-ears.jpg

I think I have died and gone to ear heaven. I can't wait to see Boonie. You told me they were good, Gene.

That Joker has a pretty pair, thats for sure. .

Oh Lavern didn't Gene tell you Boonie is coming to live with me
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: Ok maybe in my dreams :bgrin Anyway I can't wait to see those ears on that Appy butt that were going to have this spring. I was hoping Gene would post Boonie on this ears thing .......I still think he is one of the nicest of the Buckeroo breeding that I've seen yet......You girls really need to let me show him in Halter
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033: ..............Cherokee Rose

Just wanted to add a pic of one of our fillys that I think has nice ears for a little girl
default_yes.gif
:

th_DSC_0732.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, I have to leave for the afternoon. Hope there are lots of ears when I get back. I think we should have a tight hooky ear contest. Renee
Obviously not a Mini.........

Now you can have TIGHT ears that are not necessarily HOOKY. But here is an example of TIGHT as well as HOOKY ears.

abha_myra3_sm.jpg

Abha Majaraani - 2005 National Champion Filly of Spain who happens to be a Marwan daughter.
OH YEAH that is the epitome of arabian ears
default_wink.png
: the problem with mini's is they have typically pony ears ...which are cute/nice/etc...but they are too far apart too small and well just aren't the same as big horse ears.......the pony ancestry in mini's is here to stay and it isn't a bad thing...they really are small ponies and to try and sell them as miniature's of big breeds will really never fly with the big horse people...sorry they see right through the hype.....so sell them on the MIniature horse as it's own breed, with it's own set of criteria and you will have alot more clout.....
default_wink.png
:

now me personally I love love love tiny typey pony ears on my mini's :bgrin
default_wink.png
:

Well LaVern, What do you think of these ears?? They belong to a mini by the name of Boones Little Double Buckeroo Showboy. He is a double bred Buckeroo stallion owned by the LaFrench Connection.
boonie-ears.jpg
OK to me those are very typey pony ears.....very tippy but small and placed wide.

the problem with mini's is they have typically pony ears ...which are cute/nice/etc...but they are too far apart too small and well just aren't the same as big horse ears.......the pony ancestry in mini's is here to stay and it isn't a bad thing...they really are small ponies and to try and sell them as miniature's of big breeds will really never fly with the big horse people...sorry they see right through the hype.....so sell them on the MIniature horse as it's own breed, with it's own set of criteria and you will have alot more clout.....
default_wink.png
:

now me personally I love love love tiny typey pony ears on my mini's :bgrin
default_wink.png
:

AMEN! Sell the Minis as their OWN breed. What a novel idea! :lol: They are never going to be anything else and if you want something to look like an Arab so badly......go buy an Arab! I can set you right up!
default_wink.png
:

And I too love tiny typey pony ears on minis! There are really are some great Mini ears on this thread.

And Jean......Rhapsody's Reign Man is one of my favorites too. Nice boy!

Debra.....you know I love your grey mare!

Mistyheadfuzfat091705.jpg

Misty's ears I love- shapely.

sagahdnice0405.jpg

Saga's ears I like also. I just love a thick mane/tail and forelock
default_smile.png

squitfuz112005.jpg

Our little 25.75" stallion Squiter has those cute little fox ears. I just love the horses that have the thick mane and tail with the little foxy ears
default_smile.png

LOL- there all fuzzy in these pictures too!
default_smile.png

Tammie

Okay this gets me thinking. I am wondering what pony ears look like. Am going to go though old old Shetland and Welsh pony magazines and see if I can see any similarity, in some of the famous ponies. If anyone has any would love to see them.

Okay this gets me thinking. I am wondering what pony ears look like. Am going to go though old old Shetland and Welsh pony magazines and see if I can see any similarity, in some of the famous ponies. If anyone has any would love to see them.
Look for wider set not lopped or floppy just farther out on the poll short very curved and tippy...and that is an awesome pony ear :bgrin alot of welsh have just to die for cute ears that sort of make the personality.....pony ears are a bit cocky
default_wink.png
: :bgrin

[SIZE=18pt]Here's a nice little mini with that Arab look! This is Top 5 National Champion 26.75" NFC's Quicksilver![/SIZE]

bee70885.jpg

Oh that is too funny! A bit long but they are definitely TIGHT! :lol: TOO CUTE! Is he/she palomino too?

Uh Rory. I don't think people really get the idea of lopped! Flopped maybe......but not lopped! :lol:

You wanted to see EARS!?

wyliebugfc.jpg

wyliepose%20.jpg

Thats the cutest fine boned little mule I have ever seen. And those ears. :aktion033:

I have to agree, that is not only the cutest, but the most beautiful mule I've ever seen. Great ears and GORGEOUS eyes!

If mules weren't sterile, I'd suggest that she and Tony's Accidental Tourist should meet up in a few years...

I think our "Boo" has some pretty cute ears on a pretty head "for a mini"
default_wink.png
: Picture is blurry due to the fact that she literally was sticking her nose up to touch the camera
peekaboohead.jpg

Zachary Farms Lil Peekaboo Feather

Homozygous Black Appaloosa

[SIZE=14pt]I think that what Carol is trying to say is Lop ears has as much to do with placement as position.... If the ears are places further back on the head or out to the side more even at the base they can be considered lop is that right ?[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=18pt]Here's a nice little mini with that Arab look! This is Top 5 National Champion 26.75" NFC's Quicksilver![/SIZE]

bee70885.jpg
ok technically I didn't post this pic......the ears although very upright are placed very wide not tight at all.....please do not ki_ll the messenger

Oh that is too funny! A bit long but they are definitely TIGHT! :lol: TOO CUTE! Is he/she palomino too?

Uh Rory. I don't think people really get the idea of lopped! Flopped maybe......but not lopped! :lol:

You wanted to see EARS!?

wyliebugfc.jpg

wyliepose%20.jpg
I think those are some darn fine looking ears
default_wink.png
:

lopped would be hmmmmm ok so they would be hanging out to the side looking limp :bgrin

Back