April Fools Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slinkky

Reaction score
My son, Tyler, has been in the Coast Guard for about a 1 ½ now. He and I have been planning a horseback riding trip to Arkansas and are waiting to hear if he got leave or not.

Well, yesterday afternoon he called me at work, sounding somewhat depressed. He said “Hey, it looks like I’ll be home in April.” I said “O good, did you get your leave?” He said “Not exactly. You see, I was still on duty but I ran to a buddy’s house for lunch and beer. My Commanding Officer caught me. I may be getting kicked out”.

Oh....I….LOST…..IT !!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Now remember, I’m still at work. I started hollering at him “I can’t believe you would risk everything for a stupid beer!!” “What’s wrong with you, you’re suppose be growing into a man, not an alcoholic!!!” “I taught you better than that…” and on and on. At one point he inserted that he didn’t really like it there anyway, and I went off again…”That’s crap and you know it, you just don’t like that you got caught! What has happened to you???!!!” That’s when he says “Mom, chill….April Fool’s”.

I slammed the phone down. He called back. I hung up. He called again. I hung up.

About 30 min later I called him back. He apologized, but was still snickering about it. I asked if he learned anything from this. He said yes, that if he’s ever in trouble because of drinking, he’s not calling me!

Sons…..do they ever grow up??

Lol. a boy after my own heart. I just love April Fools jokes, even when they are played on me. Sorry you got upset though, but someday you just may laugh at it.........
default_yes.gif

I didnt get tricked :D I was the tricker and boy, everyone belived it. I came in on crutches and used em about half the day. Later on, I got asked out FOR REAL
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back