Appy does it again!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fieriq

Reaction score
He went national Top Ten with Joel in his Open Stallion, 32" - 34", class today and this evening Appy and I survived our torture - Karen made us dress up like Native American Indians and enter the Adult Costume Class (34" and under). Well, not only did we survive .... drum roll please.... we got NATIONAL RESERVE CHAMPION! The crowd loved us and we were hamming it up! It was fun (but don't tell Karen I said that) but I'm glad it's over! All the costumes were great!

Appy was sooooo great - not only did we lead him in wearing Teepee's, we were carrying a six foot sign reading "HORSE SHOWS MAKE US TWO TENT"
biggrin.gif
Get it? Appy didn't even flinch or bat an eye. In fact, when we were walking around the ring, he decided he needed to be in front of the sign (it was a horse show after all and he was the horse) so he ducked under the banner and walked in front of it so the audience could see him as well as the sign.

Well, of course after the clase we called hubby's, families, friends and Nancy (Woodstock North's) to share the news! They were all happy for us.

Tomorrow is rest day for all three of us so we'll catch ya later!

Just gotta love that Appy!
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations on your wins and good luck with the rest of the show. Sounds like you had a really cool costume.

I saw you guys! the costume was so great!
aktion033.gif
Appy was the calmest horse of the group I think. LOL, I loved the sign.

AANNNDD....I GOT PICTURES OF IT!

Will post them tomorrow

CONGRATS!
laugh.gif

LizardBreath said:
I saw you guys! the costume was so great!
aktion033.gif
Appy was the calmest horse of the group I think. LOL, I loved the sign.
AANNNDD....I GOT PICTURES OF IT!

Will post them tomorrow

CONGRATS!
laugh.gif

466713[/snapback]

Oh THANKS! Can't wait to see them! It was so much fun and reqally came off better than I'd hoped! Appy hadn't seen the walking tipis or the sign until we entered the arena! HE TOTALLY played the part of the patient and faithful Indian pony!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw him in hisclass he looked great. I saw the costume and LOVED IT although I am not even sure if i have met you or not? we are in the barn right next to you though in A

so tired not sure who or what I have talked to or done here. So if I have seen you and walked right by dont be offended i am so out of it
wacko.gif

Just two more classes to get through - a HUMONGOUS Multicolor stallion/gelding class tomorrow and liberty, where we may just make fools of ourselves while Appy pokes around the arena looking for a way out.... He CAN turn on the speed and the attitude... but he does it when HE wants to!
rolleyes.gif

We watched the home-made video of the costume class when we got back to the hotel room - we were pretty funny-looking! ('cept Appy - he was a class act!)

Hi Karen:

That's fantastic news! Great big congrats to Appy, you and to Joel for Appy's top ten placing!!!!! Congrats on your placing in costume as well...way to go!!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Dawn

Latest posts

Back