Anyone's vaccines arriving warm?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Had to order vaccines again. Always order the same ones each year from Jeffers Equine and never had a problem in many years. They always arrived cool with their standard ice pack within a couple of days.

This year after ordering, they told me that unless I ordered a cooler for $2.00 that my vaccines would be arriving warm, and wanted me to agree that would be acceptable to me and that the vaccines would not be able to be returned. They also suggested I purchase an extra ice pack as well for an additional .50 PLUS pay $13.00 for quick shipping.

Jeepers.

Makes me want to vaccinate in the middle of winter. And I may start doing that!

Yes Marty I intentionally try NOT to order vaccines in the summer months as it is just too hot. I try to get mine in the cooler months, and stock up on enough vaccine to make it for the year.

If I do happen to order in the warm months, I overnight them with the cooler and ice pack. It's worth the extra few pennies.

Did Jeffers actually say that you could return the vaccines? I thought you couldn't return them. I was surprised that Agri-Med said would allow it. I just spent $62 returning it 2 day UPS so I hope they take it and don't say later that their policy is no returns.

Oh, and both Jeffers and Agri-Med arrived here nice and cold.

yankee_minis said:
Did Jeffers actually say that you could return the vaccines?  I thought you couldn't return them.
425481[/snapback]

You didn't read Marty's post correctly.......she said that Jeffers told her they COULD NOT be returned.
no.gif

We always get the extra ice pack & next day air. We received a shipment years ago that was very warm. I think it was sittiing by the heater ( winter time) ... They did take it back but now say they will not.

Dona said:
You didn't read Marty's post correctly.......she said that Jeffers told her they COULD NOT be returned. 
no.gif

425499[/snapback]

Ahhh... I thought she meant that if they sent it without all that extra stuff it could not be returned....

In the summer time I pay the extra for overnight shipping. In winter time the second day Air is good enough.

MA

Solution: Always order vaccines during the cooler months of early spring. Anticipate your needs, and get all you will need for that year. It takes @ 4 days for things to get to me via regular shipment from Jeffers(and most of the others that I also shop, such as KV, Valley Vet, and Country Supply)-although this year I did get the Merial WNV, and did take advantage of a "special" offer to ship overnight/2nd day(forget which it was)for half price if the order total was over a certain amount- which it was, because I ordered for myself and a friend who has a BUNCH of horses, and we prorated the total cost--I have never felt the need for any other special handling of my vaccines; they have arrived with the frozen pack still cool, and the vaccines OK. I go straight to the fridge with it. I always give yearly boosters no later than early to mid May, and usually by the end of April.

Latest posts

Back