Anyone with home remidies?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone has a idea to help a dry socket. I had my back lower left molar pulled and I ended up with a dry socket. I haven't called the dentist yet because he is over a hour away. ANd I can't go every other day to have the dressing changed. The pain has been terrible(Normally I can take pain, but this is bad), even my ear hurts... :no: Any suggestions would be very helpful
default_yes.gif
: Thanks in advance, I pray something will help...

Oh gosh, I had a very stubburn wisdom tooth pulled once and they put dry socket paste in my mouth as a precautionary. An hour later, I broke out itching over 50% of my body. I had huge bumps everywhere, it looked and felt like I had been sitting in an ant hole for over an hour. I had to remove the gauze and call to notify the dentist. They told me that they had never had someone allergic to it before, but that I should have removed the gauze as soon as I started itching. :new_shocked: I had no idea what was causing the itching until my husband said it looked like I was allergic to something. Another two hours go by, multiple rinsings, and the bumps and itching went away.
default_rolleyes.gif
: To this day, I tell them don't even think about it!!!

I'm sorry that I don't have any suggestions other than to go back to the dentist before it leads to serious problems. I have found that when the teeth are involved, it's nothing to take lightly. Good luck and I hope that it gets better for you.

ahhh....that is the worst pain!! When I got dry socket my dentist used oil of clove and put it on little cotton pellets. I think you can get oil of clove at the pharmacy or health food store so maybe you could try that?? It took the pain down considerably in five minutes or so.

Pam

Owie...I know that hurts sooooooooo BAD.

I got one years ago because stupid me went out and got a milkshake and lost the clot sucking on the straw
default_wacko.png
:

I never did go back to the dentist....just to get to the dentist to have my tooth taken out was more than I could handle.

The pain lasted for about a week and I had a hole which food got in all the time...to the best of my memory that lasted for about a year or so

Here, I found you a web site that might help you:

http://www.dental--health.com/faq_drysocket.html

*I hope you feel better soon...take some Advil or Aleve..this might help not only with the pain but for the inflamation as well........Teri

All I can say is ouch...I also got dry socket when my wisdom teeth were pulled...it's horrible. Ditto on the clove oil - it tastes horrible at first but you do get used to it. My dentist had me soak small wads of cotton in clove oil and then stick the cotton into the holes.

Hope you feel better soon...that is NOT a fun one...

Liz R.

I CAN'T SAY I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BUT I HOPE YOU GOT SOME RELIEF TODAY! YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS, HOPING TODAY WAS BETTER FOR YOU!

LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING.
default_smile.png
NIKKI

nasty nasty clove oil and gauze pellet packing is what the dentist used for mine...and I had to change it every other day--uuuck! That stuff is nasty! I have to say--the infection I got in my bone that went throuigh my jaw was worse than the clove oil though--wish we had done that sooner! That'll teach me to "tough it out"!!

nasty nasty clove oil and gauze pellet packing is what the dentist used for mine...and I had to change it every other day--uuuck! That stuff is nasty! I have to say--the infection I got in my bone that went throuigh my jaw was worse than the clove oil though--wish we had done that sooner! That'll teach me to "tough it out"!!
Oh my, did you get the infection from toughing it out? It is just my dentist is so far away, my new job and the kids, I don't have time to go. I had a hard time just getting there to get it pulled. I had to, because my stomach is paralized(gastoparsies ) (can't remember the proper spelling) and thanks to my stomach problem, my teeth are getting real bad, from all the stomach acid. I am on antibotics, so I pray that my jaw doesn't get infected.

I just got back from walmart.. I have looked everywhere for clove oil.. Maybe our area is to small to carry it?? I got some oragel and put it on some gauze and put it in the whole.... I finally feel some relief
default_yes.gif
: It isn't a whole lot, but any is good for me right now...Can't eat, or sleep and it was seven days today I got it pulled. So sorry the spelling is off, I can barely remember my name right now.... I am drinking and taking advil and my antibitics. So I pray that it gets better soon... Please let me know if your infection was from the dry socket, and how did you find out about it??(More pain or what was your symt's)

I wished I could have found some clove oil I have two more teeth to go
default_bye-sad.gif
: I don't think I can handle any more
default_wacko.png
:

Jodie, if you have a health food store in your town call them, they should have clove oil, as they call it "oil of clove" lol :lol:

I worked in the dental field for about 5 years if you can't get Oil Of Clove, take a tea bag that will help with the pain and it doesn't taste half bad either. Avoid sucking on straws and what not I don't want too preach
default_wink.png
: but take it easy and good luck.

Oooh, nothing like the pain of a dry socket. We have an alveolar paste my husband uses to pack into dry sockets but it is something the dentist has to do. Since it isn't convenient for you to go to the dentist you can get a small irrigating syringe from the local drugstore and gently rinse or irrigate the socket with a warm salt water rinse a couple times a day. Don't go deep inside to irrigate, just run it over the top. It is important to keep food from getting impacted in the socket while it heals because impacted food can lead to necrotic or dying bone which is something to absolutely avoid. You also want to avoid a food impaction as that will prevent clotting. And make sure to avoid sucking on straws or spitting as this will impede clotting and slow healing. Take a pain reliever that works for you to help ride it out and if OTC pain meds are not sufficient call your dentist and see if you can get a prescription strength pain reliever. Good luck!
default_smile.png

Get a syringe -without the needle- and squirt salt water in it two or three times/day!

Back