anyone with experience with kindney stones

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgizzmoe

Reaction score
i went to the ER this past sunday early AM hours . ended uo getting out on tuesday. i knew i had a kindney stone but washoping it would pass on its own. long story short ithe DR put a stent in side me to open the path for my urine. i dont know everthing about it but i got a apointment next weds to get or try to get the stone broken up. and as of right now it will be one more week before the stent is out. thats the plan as of right now . drink alot and deal . i hate having the stent thing . i feel like i got to go to the bathroom 24/7 and thren when i do need to go i dont always know it . they said the stone is either a 4 or 5 mm in size. but alisa (gizzmoe) is helping me alot . she has been there for me as much as possiable. i dont know what i would do without her right now .

i dont have any experience with this kind of thing. do any of you?

I now work at the local CVS pharmacy and i am a supervisor in training. been there for about a month but miss most of this week due to being in the hospital. finally ale to be home more and i am out of security. dont got to dirve alot. if you did not know i was a field supervisor for a secuity company since aug. of last year.

here are some recent photos of katrina

katrina

fffdfnfgmfsmfdmfmrfmddfgfh.jpg

me and kat

svsadv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wacko.png
Yep, unfortunatly, I have experience.
default_sad.png
I hope you are out of agony soon, but my experience is, if you are a week into it, you have lots more time to go. I ended uo having the Lithotripsy done, and it was the WORST pain I have even been in, in my life. right after the surgery I was fine, them abot 8 hours later, I really wanted to die. I was stupid and did not take the pain meds, before I was in terrible pain. then after, it was too late. listen to your doctor, and follow directions. Drink lots and lots of water, and keep using that strainer. :DOH! good luck,

I am the first documented Kidney transplant patient to have a kidney stone. :DOH! they learned alot form me. Unfortunatley, I did not have any pain so I can't relate to that. The transpalnted kidney has no nerves. Anyway, I had lithrotripsy done on it, (sound waves). It was broken into tiny peices and passed with no problem. My stones were found by routine ultrasound. Good luck with your treatment and do listen to the doc. Cute Kid too.
default_yes.gif

Shelley<><

Hubby had them. Not fun..... and very sorry you had to go though this.

His Doc said No more coffee or anything else that will cause the stones. So I would recommend going to a trained dietitian.

Will keep you in my thoughts and I know you will feel better quickly!

I had them years ago, and hope I NEVER do again!!

Had been uncomfortable for a couple of weeks- thought I had pulled a muscle, but no matter what I did, couldnt get comfortable.

And then it hit... didnt go to the hospital as I had no job at the time and no insurance either for about a month and didnt want to rack up a bill I couldnt pay, so I suffered through it! I literally ended up on the floor, fighting not to pass out from the pain (was soaked with sweat from that) and finally passed it/them.

When I was able, about a month later, to get in to see a doctor for another reason, since I had a new job and insurance, I explained it to him and he told me I should have gone to the hospital... In the couple of hours before it passed, I had to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes, and was freaked out because I was bleeding also...

They are not fun, and extremely painful. I just thank heavens I was not driving or something else when it hit me- it literally dropped me to the floor as I had no pain meds at all.

My neighbor gets them and just had a recent bout earlier this month- he just takes pain pills, drinks lots of water, and hopes it will pass.

I wouldnt wish kidney stones on ANYbody!! Especially when you dont have pain meds- my broken arm didnt even hurt compared to those!!!

Good luck, and yes, follow the dr's orders!

Back