Anyone willing to share miscarriage stories?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reijel's Mom

Reaction score
My husband and I were happily anticipating our first baby, but at an ultrasound this week we found the baby had died about 2 weeks ago.

Our first pregnancy was an ectopic. We didn't even have time to get excited about that one, but this one we've known about for 5 weeks. We saw the baby on an ultrasound at 7 weeks 1 day and everything was great and as it should be.

During an ultrasound it was revealed that I do have a diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (cysts on my ovaries). I'd always suspected this but this was the first time that the cysts were seen. I had told my doctors about these concerns prior to the pregnancy and they'd sent me off for some testing and reported that my levels came back normal.

My doctors didn't seem concerned about my pregnancy and the PCOS diagnosis, they just considered me lucky to get pregnant relatively quickly. But all the 'net research I've done on PCOS indicates that women with the syndrome have a much higher rate of miscarriage.

Now I'm feeling a little angry/sad that I didn't question my doctors more. Quite possibly there was nothing wrong with our baby (everyone always tells you it's natures way of taking care of something that wasn't developing normally) but rather it may have been something with me, and I really want to be on top of all of this next time.

I'm not throwing a pity party for myself, I just want to see if others have had similar experiences that I can learn from and be a little more proactive next time.

Thank you in advance.

I am so sorry for you. That must be a terrible experience. I never had a miscarriage, but I did have two ovarian cysts. They ruptured. I do not know about cysts affecting the pregnancy, as mine ruptured. The scarring caused by them caused trouble later, but not at the time I was having my children. No one ever told me what caused the cysts, but I was told I was lucky they ruptured. That was dubious comfort to me, as it was excruiatingly painful.

I hope you can get some good information to help you.

Marsha

Miscarriages run in my family - to the extent that no one tells anyone they are pregnant until they are safely 4 months along. Thankfully I only miscarried once. I was 12 weeks and the baby had stopped developing at 7 weeks. Knowing with the family history that it could happen didn't make it any easier. The doctors don't know why so many of us in my family have miscarried but none of us have or have had ovarian cysts.

I've had 3 miscarriages. The first 2 were in Nov & Dec 2002 and because of heavy duty antibiotics that I had been taking for an infection. I had been taking the antibiotics for almost 2 months trying to get rid of the infection, it just keep coming back. Then I had my first son in Sept 2003 totally naturally (no meds or anything, but he was also 14 weeks premature, he's 4 now & healthy). I ended up with another miscarriage in March 2004. We don't know why that one happened. I had been on the birth control pill and got pregnant anyways. Then last Feb. I found out that I was pregnant again and delivered another son via c-section due to no progress after pushing for 2 hrs.

Maybe talk to your doctor about how to have a healthy, viable pregnancy. Most of the time doctors don't know exactly why a baby stops growing...

I'm very sorry to hear about your miscarriage.
default_no.gif
It's not an easy thing to deal with physically and emotionally. PM me if you need to talk! HUGS!!!

Hi, my first miscarriage was my first pregnacy. I had it around 3 mo. but the baby stopped growing very early. Our family has a big history of miscarriages, too. I thought I had made it past the danger point, but I didn't.. But it was bad enough to go threw a miscarriage, but my dr was on vac. and the dr that was on call really didn't want to be bothered. He did my exam in his t shirt and shorts.. Upon the exam-- this is still very hard for me to this day-- he found the embryo. In front of my husband and I he cut it open and said, see if it makes you feel any better, "IT" died right at the very begining. Hubby (who is not really a violent person) was up over the bed and grabbed him by the neck.. It was a very emotional time for us and his remarks and actions did not help. Then when he was doing my D& C, I woke up in the middle of it(felt and seen everything) It was a very horrible experience.. Since i had my son normal preg. then I had my daughter 13 wks early(at 27 wks.) But I never was told what had possibly happened with our first..

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sorry for you I have'nt had a misscarage but my very close friend has we got pregnant at the same time but at about 7weeks she miscarried it was so sad and for a while she stayed away from me because I was still pregnant I just waited until she was ready to come to me, she had another 5 miscarriages after that over a year it was horrible she had tests after tests and the doctors could'nt tell her anything the 6th time she got pregnant my mum told me about a lady that told her after she had 3 miscarriages after my 2 brothers to take half an asprin a day she did and hello I was born, So my friend went and asked her doctor and he said it wouldnt hert to try she did and the pregnacy held she has since just had another baby and did the same thing, I'm no doctor it could be a total fluke but it seems to work ask ya doctor about it my mate swears by it, it was her last hope and it worked her and her husband were gunna give up on having kids because the heart break had gotten to much but and angel answered her preyers.

I am so sorry for your loss
default_no.gif
I know it is very hard
depresse.gif

We didn't decide to have a baby until I was in my mid-30's and I've had four miscarriages, with the last one being just about 1 year ago. Now, we think the problem for me all along may have been diabetes. With my 4th pregnancy, I switched OBGYN's and he diagnosed this right away, where the other doctor just mentioned when I was in for what would be my 3rd miscarriage that it looked like I had some sugar in my pee.

Are you on or has the doctor talked to you about taking Metformin? I take that for the diabetes, but it is used for women with PCOS as well. It helps regulate things from what I understand.

I've never had a miscarriage, but wanted to say how very sorry I am that this has happened to you.
default_wub.png
{{{HUGS}}}
default_wub.png

I have had 3 due to a super thin cervix caused by cyrosurgeries and laser surgery of stage II cervical cancer. I will not have children and have come to terms with that. I wish you the best, I know how hard it is. ((hugs))

Just wanted to thank folks for their kind replies, and wanted to sympathize with those people that have had multiple miscarriages and/or are unable to have children.

Of course this is something I intend to talk with my doctor's about more, but my experience with doctors, veterinarians, etc is that often times, I need to do a little of my own research. I mean no offense to people in those professions, but I've found that they are an incredibly busy bunch of people and if you aren't going to be proactive and take care of yourself no one is going to do it for you!

Also, I know the internet is just as full of untruths as facts, but it's going to bother me for awhile that I didn't feel anyone was concerned with the PCOS diagnosis. No medications were recommended, nothing. EVERY single thing I've read on PCOS indicates that we have infertility problems AND a much higher rate of miscarriage. And possibly there are some drugs out there that could have helped out with this pregnancy.

I'll never KNOW of course, but in order to protect any future pregnancies I need to be a little better educated.

Thanks again!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back