Anyone use (used) Laube Clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayflowerfarm

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying some new clippers and like the sounds of the Laube clippers. Anyone out there have some or have used them before? What are your opinions/experiences with them? Also which style? there are so many! I was thinking of the litening 823 but is there another one that is better?

Thanks!!

A friend of mine uses the cordless ones- and Loves them- I am sorry I do not know the type/number- but I do remember when I was looking they were the most expensive offered-
default_wacko.png

I have a set of the lazer shear (think that is the model) Think they are little smaller than the cowboy. They work great but just a tad noisier than I thought they would be.

Friends of ours have the lightning cordless. They are smaller and lighter. The only issue I have is the batteries do not hold a charge well at all. I use them doing heads and feet and they are great for that. Not enough power to do the entire body. Schieders offered to replace the worst of the two batteries no charge. The guy at Laube told the owners they do not warrenty the batteries and hung up on her. I think the corded Lightning might work much better.

Kathy if you want you can come down and try out mine. I usually have a few that need to be clipped. LOL

Mark

I have the Laube Mini Lazor's and I LOVE them. They have tackled the toughest winter coat to a wonderful show clip no hesitation. They can heat up quick at least mine do, but I counteract that problem by clipping wet. But I love my clippers. Beautiful smooth clip and not a line to be found except on the legs and that was a wiggly horse issue not a clipper issue.

Karen

I have gotten spoiled with cordless clippers. I LOVE my Speed Feed's by Kim Laube..... I found steel replacement blades (only place) in the KV Vet Supply. All the other replacement blades are ceramic and have to be disposed of. I use the speed feeds on the babies and then on the face & legs on my show horses and then use the Andis cordless to use on their bodies..... I LOVEEEEEEEEEE this combination. It goes really quick!

Kathy if you want you can come down and try out mine. I usually have a few that need to be clipped. LOL

Mark

Gee thanks Mark! =) Actually, I might take you up on that if I can find 2 seconds to get down there! LOL

I use my Double K's for most of the body clipping, but I do love the Laube cordless. I use them for trimming up faces, legs and some body clipping. They are some of the bigger ones, don't remember a model number. I bought a corded attachment for them.....and will probably send it back. Makes it sound like a chain saw.
default_new_shocked.gif

Jan

I have a pair of the big laube corded ones. I use them on the body. I just got a mini lazer laube for the legs and head. Love it becuase its small enough that you can finagle it around the small spaces. The only thing is that laube's run at a high rpm. So you'll have to cool your blades often or just have a few blades to switch out. But I love them! They cut through anything!

One of our clippers is a Laube Litening 2spd corded. I LOVE it! I have carpal tunnel, and some clippers can be really hard on my wrist. This one is lightweight and have had no problems with it. I do use blade wash/coolant/oil frequently though. I think I saw a set new in box on Ebay the other day for a pretty darned good price.

I have the Laube Lazor's (corded). Love them and when my first pair broke (dropped and stepped on one too many times :DOH! ) I ordered another pair. I never bathe horses before clipping, yeah shame on me, but they've never had a problem cutting through nasty, dirty winter hair. They do run hot, but I keep several blades and just keep changing them. Even the corded ones are easy enough to manoeuvre and don't bother my elbows/wrists like the Double K's. Don't know where you live, but you can come clip some of my horses too and try them out!

Latest posts

Back