Anyone tell me the color

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty Chestnut! Foals are always born a more muddled version of their true color as a defense mechanism to hide from predators in the wild. I can't tell if she has stockings or not. Foals always have lighter legs-sometimes people think they have stockings, but really they don't. Just the defense mechanism. You can usually tell if the white has a definite cut off point. Do you have any more pictures of her?

If she did have stockings, she would be a chestnut pinto.

Pretty Chestnut! Foals are always born a more muddled version of their true color as a defense mechanism to hide from predators in the wild. I can't tell if she has stockings or not. Foals always have lighter legs-sometimes people think they have stockings, but really they don't. Just the defense mechanism. You can usually tell if the white has a definite cut off point. Do you have any more pictures of her?

If she did have stockings, she would be a chestnut pinto.

2010_10190005.jpg
thanks and here is another picture- have not figured out how to add the pictures without having to use the link??

There you got it! You would have had it on the first one too if you just put a in front of the url.

I don't believe she has any stockings or other white on her legs. That's just her light baby fuzz
default_smile.png

So you have a pretty solid chestnut filly. Congrats!!

Latest posts

Back