Anyone show Arabians In hand?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants to show her arabian in hand for the first time. As I understand these are some pretty big show's she's starting out in. Anyways she asked me since i show the mini's in hand and such. I'm not sure what their rules are. I heard they do not allow close razoring anymore but that many people razor a couple days ahead to have it still close but legal.. is this true? do you pretty much groom them the same way as you would inhand for mini's? goop on the muzzle and over the eyes...? Anything that isn't legal that i need to know about?

I couldn't find a rulebook online anyone know where i can find one?

First, I wouldnt start out in a big show , not without having had a trainer to show all the ins and outs. Dont get me wrong, showing , as you know, is great fun, but big breed shows just arent the place to try it. btdt, twerent fun!! I would have her do some fun shows first, to get her feet wet. There is nothing worse than to show up at a big show unprepared. It can really turn a person off to showing.

arabianhorses.org is the breeds home I would think that if she is going to show she is registered, which would allow her to ask for a written rule book. If you search for 'rule book' in the search area, a bunch of links will come up. Hope this helps!!!!

Latest posts

Back