Anyone live in or near Sheffield,Ohio?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COTTONGRASSFARMS

Reaction score
Hubby going to Sheffield Ohio on the 27th for a job interview. It's his if he wants it but we are very happy here in VA. Just wanted first hand accounts of the area and what it's like to live there. Thank you for your input.

Kim

I'm from Ohio, but closer to the middle and not that far north. I can't really help you with the area. The only thing I do know is they're having an open mini horse show in that area in 2 weeks!
default_wink.png

I'm from Ohio, but closer to the middle and not that far north. I can't really help you with the area. The only thing I do know is they're having an open mini horse show in that area in 2 weeks!
default_wink.png

Thank you. Is Ohio active as a driving community? especially ADS. Is there a link you could point me to about the open show?

Kim

I've just recently gotten back into the minis - so I'm not going to be much help with ADS. I know there seem to be a lot of really nice AMHR shows all around the state. I haven't heard anything about ADS, but that doesn't mean they're not out there!

The information about the open show was posted on the LB Sale Board. I was really considering going, but don't think it's going to work out. That's how I know where it was located because I mapquested it!

Good luck!

I am in the geographic center of Ohio (Centerburg). Not sure where Sheffield is and no time to look it up. There are both AMHA and AMHR shows in Ohio and surrounding states. Driving is awesome. There are several rail trails in Ohio that allow horses and we go trail driving frequently. Much more fun for the show horses than driving round and round, more fun for us too.

I am in the geographic center of Ohio (Centerburg). Not sure where Sheffield is and no time to look it up. There are both AMHA and AMHR shows in Ohio and surrounding states. Driving is awesome. There are several rail trails in Ohio that allow horses and we go trail driving frequently. Much more fun for the show horses than driving round and round, more fun for us too.
Thank you. What is the weather like in the winter? Sheffield is along the lake so I am wondering about lake effect weather

I would say winter would definitely be snowy up there by the lake. They do get a lot more of the cold white stuff than we do down here in the middle.

Hi Cottongrassfarms and welcome to Ohio! It is cold and snowy here in the winter months and you can rest assured you will see your fair share up yonder!!

Fran

Latest posts

Back