Anyone Like Horse Racing???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
Who here is interested in Horse Racing???

I like Thoroughbreds but my life is the Quarter Horses, all out, any man for himself.

Yup, count me in. I work at a big Standardbred breeding facility in New Jersey. LOVE IT!!!
default_wub.png
:

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

we used to go to fairmont race track in st. louis a lot. have also been to churchill downs and keeneland. my favorite thing, while everybody was watching and betting on the horses, was to go back behind all of the action and talk to the outriders. they live a very interesting life!

:saludando: For the first time in over 40 years, my Dad doesn't have a standardbred race horse!! He sold our mare a couple of months ago-she is now a buggy horse for our mennonite blacksmith! Since we are/were hobby racers, it just wasn't as fun anymore because of all the "big time trainers" coming and racing against the little guy. Last year we sold our gelding and bought two more minis and then a couple of months ago we sold our mare and bought another 2 minis!! I never thought that my Dad would be withouth a race horse but he has become addicted to the minis and now doesn't even have room for another racehorse!

We go to Keeneland and Church Hill Downs every year. This year we went to the Kentucky Horse Park and got to pet and get pictures of Cigar. Then we went to Three Chimneys and got to see Smarty Jones (Now that's HORSE). He is absolutely beautiful and quite the character. I have a wonder picture of my son standing in front of his stall and Smarty put his head down to get in the shot. While we were at Church Hill Downs, we went into the barns to see Street Sense and Curlin. The horse are just incredible!!!!

I am going against the grain here, but after just leaving Three Chimneys about a month ago, my favorite at that farm was their new stallion Exchange Rate...................WOW

we had a private tour of claiborne farm the first year Secretariat stood there. the groom brought him out, handed me a brush and i took some of his tail hairs, still have them. i so wanted a horse shoe but they did not give them away, they auctioned them off for charity every time he was re-shod, every 4 weeks. it was like seeing elvis and the beatles, all rolled into one. he was a striking animal!!!

Since thoroughbreds are my all time favorites, and my livelihood for the past 40 years, I am so glad to see others share my love of the breed, industry, sport! Wendy 4 minis, next time you are at Keeneland, come to the second floor club, ask for the dealer on the floor (that's me), I'm usually behind the line in the bar. Course, I could be at any of my other three areas, but I'll be back momentarily!

Edited to add that I have seen the great Cigar, Smarty Jones, Secretariat, Ruffian, and many others race in person, and count my blessings all the time that I was there, and saw the actual famous horse flesh in action.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Ky girl so I love horse-racing. I have been to the Derby several times and its just amazing. Nothing like seeing my favorite horse win....Barbaro was the last horse I saw win. And I think I might leave it at that for now since I'm in WA. I think Portland Downs is over here but its alil far for me. LOL. I watch the races on TV though :D

Prestige

Actually Emerald Downs is here in Washington (Auburn) and Portland Meadows is in Portland of course.

We will be racing our new AQHA filly at Portland in a couple months.

Definate racing fan here!! :aktion033: I love harness racing and the runnin' horses too!! I worked in the harness racing industry for a long time-as a groom for some of the top trainers and got to travel with some wonderful grand circuit horses- got to look after a breeder's crown winner, race in the Little Brown Jug and absolutely loved going to The Red Mile in Lexington, KY for time trials. Of course spending winters in Pompano Beach, FLA was pretty good too. :bgrin

Pam

Thoroughbreds are my favorite racehorses. Another Kentucky girl here. It must be in our blood!

My favorite racehorse is Sham, the horse that ran second to Secretariat in the Kentucky Derby. Then,

later one of his daughter's , Arewehavingfunyet, was fun to watch. Of course, Affirmed and Aldyer racing through the Triple Crown was great. I had a huge crush on Steve Cauthen back then.

I love visiting John Henry and Ciger at the Kentucky Horse Park. My sister gave me a framed picture of Cigar that she took for me. What awesome old guys!

I am very lucky in that neighbor has thoroughbreds and every once in awhile I can watch them over

in his pasture.

I am very jealous of all of you that actually have race horses of any kind as they are truely beautiful animals

whether Standerbreds or Quarter horses or Throroughbreds.

Freida

Well, I cannot go to the tracks but I spend a lot of time watching them on TV. We have DirecTV and DISH Network both and I watch the racing on TVG on DTV, and on HRTV on DN. I love watching the TBs and the SBs race. I swear I am hypnotized by them. All those rippling muscles and the whole aura of the tracks are mesmerizing (sp?).
default_smile.png
I guess my favorites to watch though are the pacers. SO COOL. Makes me want to learn more about the whole racing industry.

:saludando: <------------------- Racing Fan!!!!

Pammy...I knew we had much in common...long time standard bred groom here..I still have my license which is such a bonus when you go to other tracks..it allows you backstretch side!

Love the thoroughbreds..am on a couple forums for them. Would love to see race replays of the Quarter Horses..is there such a beast as that Rob???

Anyone find a nice TROTTER let me know..they are in demand as Road horses and gives them a life off the track if they can't trot fast enough...keep me in mind
default_smile.png

Kim

Pammy...I knew we had much in common...long time standard bred groom here..I still have my license which is such a bonus when you go to other tracks..it allows you backstretch side!
LOL the only downside is I think I might have the record for being fingerprinted in the most states and provinces!! For some reason every single state has to fingerprint you for THEIR records and for the the FBI, I have been fingerprinted more than the average felon, I'll bet!! :bgrin

Kimmy, we will have to go to the Jug together sometime!!!!
default_cheers.gif
:

Would love to see race replays of the Quarter Horses..is there such a beast as that Rob???
ha ha you will get hooked on that too!! QH racing is VERY exciting!!! LOVE it!!! :aktion033:

Thanks Mary Lou...I hadn't thought of that!! Thre best US Road horses have been Canadian Standardbred trotters!! I live right near Rideay Carleton and always hang out during qualifiers..seems the ones I like actually MAKE money LOLOL

Kim

[Kimmy, we will have to go to the Jug together sometime!!!!
default_cheers.gif
:
OMG can you imagine!!!! We'd be in the bike no less LOLOL

Kim

Hey thanks Rob...I haven't been up here too long since April 3rd to be exact and I don't out much
default_sad.png
...I couldn't remember if there was track up here or not. I decided to mesh the 2 together. LOL... Shame on me
default_frusty.gif
: I have seen the one in Portland. LOL...Couldn't remember at the time if it Downs or Meadows...Got it now though...LOL Portland Meadows and Emerald Downs...Thats neat that you guys are racing a filly here soon...

Rob,

When will your QH race at Portland Meadows? What date, what time, what race, etc.? Keith and I want to come watch and cheer you guys on. Will your wife be riding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Susanne

We will let you know when she runs. Portland doesn't start until October 7th and the condition book isn't even out yet.

Our filly doesn't even get here to Washington until the end of Sept, and then we have to start working her and getting her ready to go.

WILL POST WHEN SHE IS READY TO RUN

Latest posts

Back