Anyone know if the stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On horse studbook.com is has three listings, but the name is FT Phantoms...........

1st listing says nothing, as does the third, but the second it says the owners are Les and Getitia Matheny.

Mabe someone with the real studbook can help you!
default_rolleyes.gif

Yes his name is FT Phantom Farms Steely Dan. He is a grey stallion, 33 inches tall. My National Show Pony is sired by him but is not yet registered due to DNA of parents. I do know who owns my ponies dam, who is a registered shetland but not yet DNA'd so just want to know if Dan is DNA'd because if he is then I don't have to pay to DNA test my ponies dam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I own a son of steely dan - Spf Steel the show (Picture in my avatar) and I just checked his AMHA papers and it says that Steely is DNA'd & Blood typed, he also had AMHR papers from what I remember, a friend of my owned him and he was gorgous silver white stallion, he was Mulit-National AMHA Top-Ten Halter Champion ( tied for Reserve Champion in 1993), Many time Surpreme Halter Champion, Honor Roll and AMHA Halter Event Horse.

Getitia , owned him for awhile, but I remember someone else having him and I think she had him for sale, so not sure where he is now, maybe she can give us some help...JANE

This is from AMHA Studbook Online:

FT PHANTOM FARMS STEELY DAN

NAME REG. NO FOAL DATE S CL BT ST HT

FT PHANTOM FARMS STEELY DAN A 09878 02/01/1985 S SGR BD - 33.500

SIRE FLYING W FARMS LITTLE THUNDER I 01517 SBK - - 32.000

DAM FLYING W FARMS LITTLE SNOWHITE I 01193B SGR - - 34.000

BRDR FREDERICKA WAGNER

OWNR LES OR GETITIA MATHENY BUCKEYE WALNUT CREEK FARM

I owned Steely Dan as a foal and yearling. He was shown for a while after I sold him and I believe that he is blood typed, which could be converted to DNA for a price, I think.

I know Laura Shaughnessy of Shauneys Shetlands and Miniatures had him but sold him when they sold their herd of minis. Oh and thanks Tony. I e-mailed AMHR directly to see if he is DNA'd with them, will have to wait until Monday though to get a answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a grand son of Dan, I talked to Getia about Steely Dan and she said she would never sell him she likes him allot. Bailey as we call him looks allot like his sire and has done well for us. We were thinking about selling him however as we have to many stallions. We did not show him much in AMHA, probably should have. He did win two years in a row National Reserve Champion Futurity Stallion AMHR. Here is a pic of him from two years ago. He still looks the same. We are showing a colt of of our mare Powergame that was Baileys first foal. He looks incredible, we gelded him and showed him at two shows and he has done very well. This is RHA Rangers Irish Creme "Bailey"

bailey_3.jpg

Latest posts

Back