Anyone Know How This Name Is Pronounced???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
I have a new part time boss who's name I can't pronounce, he says it very differently, it's hard to catch just by listening to him say it. Because of the type of person he is I feel he would take offense to me asking him.

The name is: Baheej

Thanks!!!

You should just be upfront and tell him that you are having trouble pronouncing his name and that you would greatly appreciate it if he would spend time teaching you how to properly say it, as you don't want to offend him.

I agree, Just ask him nicely I'm sure he will understand. I would have to ask him because I have no clue.

Of course on the other hand you could always give him a nickname. A friend of mine inderduced me to her friend "Ryan" and then she started calling him "Bryan" and then she called him "Ryan" and so on I was so confsued I just asked him his name. And then I started calling him "Vlad" because I kept getting confsued anyway his name is Bryan...or Ryan. Anyway he understands why I can't remember his real name and he accualy likes the nickname Vlad so it works out good for the both of us.

I'd also just ask him if he could help you pronounce his name correctly. You won't be the only one who's asked
default_smile.png

Ask him to write it down phonetically- my first Teaching assignment was in Southall, a district of London where the only white kids in the class were tow Irish lads and the only English kid was Black- the Indian name were fun, the Pakistani names were even more fun and all the kids were first generation Immigrants who often spoke no English.

Teaching them English, apparently, was not "our" job.

For the sake of my sanity I not only learned to say their names correctly, learned quite a bit about their Religion but also taught them to speak English!!

Latest posts

Back