Anyone interested in attending a fun minis-only driving day??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHGal

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this is late notice, but there is a small competition in Wilton, CA next Saturday for driving minis. It sounds like it will be a LOT of fun, as well as a GOOD place to get your feet wet!

If you are interested at all in CDE-type driving, you are welcome and encouraged to come out and watch!! And if you have a horse that is driving safely...you are encouraged to bring it along and join in the fun! I just received an email from Judi saying that there is still room, so if you want to enter, email or call her now.

Here is the info on it, and the website: Click Here

Welcome! Come join us and experience something new and fun for you and your mini horse.

We are having our first in a series of mini horses only, Horse Driving Trial schooling show at Clay Station Horse Park, in Wilton, Ca. on May 3rd, 2008. Tests consist of Dressage, Cones and Marathon. Marathon will be a 3k course on flat ground, no hills or water hazards. Even minis that are not in shape should be able to compete.

Open to all, registered or non registered minis 39" and under, measured at the withers. Casual dress. Hat, gloves and whip are required. Breeching preferred but if you don't own one, you won't be faulted this time. Side checks, boots and easy entry carts ok. Please bring only horses that can hook and drive safely. Entry fee $45.00 ($5 discount many apply, see HDT Entry Form for details).

Debbie Packard will be serving one of her great lunches for a fee of $7 or bring a sack lunch. Stalls and pens will be available on a 1st come basis. A tack swap table will also be available.

Driving the course after the competitors are done will be available for a fee of $20 for those who don't want to compete or that want to school a green horse. Overnight camping free by arrangement.

If you are interested please contact Judi at 925-586-2606 or email at [email protected]

Please pass the word along to your friends. Auditors are welcome. If you don't want to compete volunteers are very much needed. It is a great way to learn and cheer your friends on.

Driving directions to Clay Station Horse Park : From Hwy 99 take Twin Cities Rd. east. Left on Alta Mesa. Right on Woods. Left on Darr Lane ( gravel Rd.) Clay Station is at the end of Darr Lane. Turn left onto Debbies property. Continue to barn.

Please print Forms below and send along with entry fees to Judi Mc Cray, 4071 Cowell Rd. Concord, Ca. 94518.

So you don't even have to change/add/buy/borrow parts for your harness! And gloves can be of any kind (gardening, etc) or I can lend a few people a couple pairs if need be too!
default_biggrin.png
I'm sure a helmet can of course be substituted for a hat.

Anyone interested??? It would be a great introduction, especially to just watch as well!
default_aktion033.gif
And I will be there with two horses to drive as well.
default_wink.png

Hey DR, it would be awesome if you can come and help out! Hope to see you up there!

It should be fun and really low key too!
default_biggrin.png

I don't have anything ready to drive but hopefully I can come watch. It is so close to where I live and I haven't made it out there yet.

Latest posts

Back