Anyone have close up pictures of a harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy'sMom

Reaction score
I want to hook my little guy up to my cart, but I haven't hooked a harness up in ages! I have done all kinds of research and read all kinds of stuff, and I am sure I know how to hook him up, but I can't find any close up pictures to make sure I am putting all the straps onto the shafts correctly. I just am not sure exactly how to wrap the straps around the shafts. I just have a basic harness and an easy entry cart. So, if you have any close up pictures of mostly the sides of the harness hooked up to the cart, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
default_biggrin.png

That site is awesome! Thank you very much! I will feel much better hooking him up now!
default_thumbup.gif

I never did get around to taking new pictures for the mistakes I made with this page, but I did make a website specifically for your question. There are some definate errors, but nothing I did was unsafe.
default_smile.png
Someday, when I actually drive my boy again, I'll get around to fixing them...

http://www.aztecstables.com/Hitching.htm

Great websites and videos! Thank you all so much! This forum is just so helpful and kind! Thank you all!

I don't want to be critical Nathan, but some of what you said is unsafe.
default_no.gif
The tugs (stirrups) should be in front of the tug stops, and the breeching straps should be attached in front of the footman loops as described in the previous instructions. Both of these serve to keep the cart from running into the horse's rear end, especially if you go down a hill. Attaching the breeching straps to the harness saddle serves no purpose. It's nice that some of you have taken the time to make this information available, but if your going to do it, make sure you do it right. Someone could get hurt!
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back