Anyone have a white horse w/black socks?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdtexas

Reaction score
I was thinking of unusual colored/patterned horses and I don't recall ever seeing a completely white horse w/black socks/stockings and perhaps a black face. I have seen all white horse with black face but not with black legs ; or perhaps all white with a black star; wouldn't that be something to see!

Just curious!
yes.gif

Can't say that I have ever seen a horse with Black Markings (all white) -- black facial markings.. maybe a horse going grey... or an appaloosa --- or even a Pinto could POSSIBLY be marked like that (solid black head and mostly white body.. indian hat?)

hmmm

Ive seen a big horse white body black legs and black mane and tail

My "remembering" is out of whack lately, so I may be off on my recollecting, but I vaguely remember a mini breeder once had an all white colt who had one black leg. I don't remember for sure if he had a medicine hat or not, but I think so. I'm also not sure of who it was, but I seem to think it was Six Gems, but again, my remembering ain't up to par lately.
wacko.gif

I do remember what a neat little fellow he was, and that it looked like he must have stepped into a bucket of paint with that one black leg, LOL. Also, how excited his breeder was with him too. Rightly so.
laugh.gif

Was he a maximum overo pinto or something, or maximum sabino or something???
wub.gif

Do any of you remember him, and who his breeder was?
unsure.gif

Gosh, sure would be neat to see pics of how he's grown over the last couple years.
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know who owns him now, or what his registured name even is. But I know they called him "Badger" he had a black face but I beleive the rest was all white or close to.

The only way you will get a completely white horse with black stockings...is to have a pinto with VERY unusual markings...perhaps an excessive white Frame Overo? But usually....if they have the color on the legs...they will also have color going down their back.

Some Blue Roans will almost look "white" in the spring after shedding the winter hair. This will give the "illusion" of a white horse with black stockings, mane & tail & head.
yes.gif

Dona said:
Some Blue Roans will almost look "white" in the spring after shedding the winter hair.  This will give the "illusion" of a white horse with black stockings, mane & tail & head.
yes.gif

463880[/snapback]

I was going to say this too. That's probably the closes you'll come with the exception of a possible extreme pinto like Donna said (probably a one in a billion shot).

I have a blue roan that in the early spring after a first clip is such an extreme silver body (but with a definate blue cast) and black mane, tail, legs, face... it's pretty cool. During the summer clips her body is much bluer. In the winter she looks danged near totally black. It's kind of fun to have such a constantly changing colored horse.

Or a Varnish Appy in transition- especially with a "badger" face.

Here is a picture of Queenie...my little Bay Roan mare, in her "white" phase.

f264b36c.jpg

And here is a picture of the "badger- faced" Mini that Ashley was remembering. As you can see...he does have color on this body as well. But he certainly is a unique looking little guy with that black face.
yes.gif

f264ae00.jpg

When I was a teenager (back in the dark ages!) I had an appy mare that was a red roan. In the summer time she shed out to white with tiny specks on her rear...and bright copper legs, ears and varnish on her face. She had beautiful eyes...they looked egyptian because it looked like she had eye liner instead of spots around her eyes. Unfortuantely I don't have any pictures of her on line...

Kim R.

Bluerocket said:
Check out these links to Alvadars Double Destiny
In some of the photos he appears to have BLACK LEGS (agouti gene) and Black Mane & Tail --- no black facial markings however... and he is very light in coloration (a silver buckskin in fact).

Here are several links -- looks like 2 different photos overall - but different sizes:

http://www.doubledestiny.com/

http://www.abria.com/abria-destiny.htm

http://www.pineridgefarm.net/stallion.htm

http://www.runningcreekminis.com/doubledestiny.html

464319[/snapback]

That is because he has different amounts of "paint" sprayed on the legs and the mane and tail appear freshly dyed as well in one photo an not the other.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back