Anyone have a Dyson Vacuum?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaladar

Reaction score
I have been thinking of getting one of the Dysons...they are pricey (400-600 depending on which one)and was wondering if anyone here has one? I see that they have one for pets....and I have 5 (maybe 7 ) shorty Jack Russells.....and JR's shed ALL THE TIME !!! It's just something ya live with...but anyway......my present vac is getting tired and I need a good one.

Any comments?

Thanks, Sue
smile.gif

YES. When the salesman at Sears showed me how well it picked up animal fur -- I was SOLD.

Initially Larry gave me a hard time for getting it, but now he loves it too.

Two things that I like about the Dyson is that it is BAGLESS.....and the filter does NOT need to be replaced for an outrageous amount of money, instead - all you do is rinse it out.

MA

Thanks, MA.....I think I'll take a drive out to Travis AFB and get one..
yes.gif

Sue
smile.gif

Hey Sue,

I got the same spiel at Sears. I was there buying a floor scrubber and asked the Salesman about the Dyson. I only have one room that has carpeting but I was impressed also. I know about those little Jack Russell white hairs all over too!

If you get one let us know if...................................

IT WORKS PROPERLY
laugh.gif
Just love the commercial.

Carol

Sue,

Be sure to have a salesman show you all the buttons. Removing the canister was easy for me, but Larry had a brain fart on how to do it. Now *I* have a brain fart about clicking the right button to make the extension nozzle work!
rolleyes.gif

MA

I have one and I HATE it!! If you have small animals or a budgie make sure they are tightly locked up before you start the thing! It has eaten half my carpet and is useless on smooth floors like Lino or wood. It sometimes sucks everything up then the next day it won't suck up at all- now, I am NO houseworker- I thought this monster would be able to handle the mess made by little old me and three dogs but no, it has a hissy fit at carpet freshener (a must with three dogs) and clogs up!! Did I mention I HATE it??
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
fizz, you must have a problem, the dyson is saposed to suck 24/7 and NEVER loose its suction, make SURE you have the filter cleaned, and let it dry 24 hours, I think all the dysons have a garuntee, so I would take it back, and ask why!

My mom has a dyson and LOVES it, and the animal one costs about $500.00 she got the animal, one, and we have a chi/peke(who sheds liek crazy) and a lab(who sheds even more) and the chi sheds, but you would never know, unless it was gainst white, my mom vacumes everday, and can fill up the little contaner, its amazing!

the only thing I HATE about it is the hose thing, you have to go through this long proces of getting the hose on, but the hose will reach up to 15 ft, and the cord goes on and on, it is great,

its a really good vacume, but I would NEVER waste $500.00 on a vacume, sorry, but I would rather put that toward my horses!

-Gage-

I love the concept........BUT what I really love is it comes in...............

PURPLE

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

right now I have a perfectly good barely used vaccuum
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
I hate to vaccuum which is why most of my house has laminate floors
wink.gif

rabbitsfizz said:
I have one and I HATE it!!  If you have small animals or a budgie make sure they are tightly locked up before you start the thing! It has eaten half my carpet and is useless on smooth floors like Lino or wood.  It sometimes sucks everything up then the next day it won't suck up at all- now, I am NO houseworker-
471088[/snapback]

Ummm.....Did you see the little foot thingy that adjusts for carpets vs wood floors? Oh, and don't forget to empty the cannister when it gets full.
biggrin.gif

MA

we have the purple one, funky looking but sucks circles around the Kirby, and MA as Larry well knows, we have a LOT of hair blowing Corgis!

sfmini said:
we have the purple one, funky looking but sucks circles around the Kirby, and MA as Larry well knows, we have a LOT of hair blowing Corgis!
471209[/snapback]

LOL, too true! We bought one in June and then returned it unopened, feeling guilty for the splurge. Until...I was shopping for Mia on the summer clearance racks about a month ago at Kohl's (for next year of course) and when I checked out I was given a % off scratch off coupon...it was 30% and was good all DAY! I skipped my booty back to the vaccuum section, saw the Dyson as already on sale and GRABBED it for an additional 30% off!!! I also got that 30% off of all of the cute clearance stuff for Mia...although if that child keeps growiung the way she is, who KNOWS what size she'll be in by then! She just turned 4 and is in size 6's!!!!!

I broke the Dyson in at the new farm that weekend, before bringing it back here to tackle the JRT and Aussie hair that our old NEW vaccuum was missing. I LOVE the Dyson!

Latest posts

Back