anyone had this happen

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH MY! I AM SO SO SORRY that you lost your precious little foal. BIG HUGS FOR YOU!!!
default_no.gif
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

Thanks. I still cannot believe he is gone. I was so looking forward to foaling season and was excited to finally have 2 foals on the ground as last year I had none and now this. I did have the vet check my other foal to make sure she was alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Shana, so sorry for your loss... You did everything you could. We never know why these things happen.

Shana, I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing the video, he was a beautiful little colt and this is so very sad.

(((((((hugs))))))

Shana,

I am so sorry - what a precious little man!

It is always so difficult to lose these little babies - I always feel so sorry for the Moms.

Hugs for you and little Bandit's Mom!

Thanks for sharing the video of little Bandit.

I'm so sorry for your loss....Great big hugs to you and your mare..Take care....

I'm so sorry for your loss. Does the vet have any idea what made him ill in the first place? Glad he checked and cleared your other foal.

Jan

The vet thinks that Bandit got a bit dehydrated as he had foal scours, not bad ones, but since he was so small it affected him more. The vet was shocked when Bandit suddenly died as he has never had one do that while being given fluids. Bandits dam seems alright this morning. Will check her udder to make sure she doesn't get mastitis. Vet said it was better for her to be outside exercising to stop that from happening.

I can not tell you how sorry I am.

There are so many that are out there that put so little value and thought into what goes into being a good owner or breeder. The joy, but also expense and the heartache and so much more that can't be put into words. (By all means, you were on top of things)

This reinforces how blessed we are to have mares carry to term without any ill effect, and how much more goes into keeping it that way after they are born.

I am so very sorry,

Carolyn

default_no.gif
my heart goes out to you and your mare.

He sure was a cute fellow.Rest in peace little fellow.

you and your mare will be in our prayers.

So very sorry the little one didn't make it-bless you for being attentive and calling the vet.

yeah it still hurts today, not seeing him running in the pasture playing with Annie, my other foal. My husband buried him beside Cody(Coyote Winds Knockout) and I am sure Cody is showing him around heaven.

Latest posts

Back