Anyone had Chocolate Zucchini cake??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
I got this recipe from 1 of my Longaberger customers and it is DELICIOUS!

The Zucchini makes it so moist!!

heres the recipe-

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

4 TBsp cocoa

2 tsp cinnamon

1 cup oil

1 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups shredded zucchini

Mix all together. Spray pan with cooking spray...Bake 350 for 45 minutes in 9 x 13. Use a toothpick to make sure the center is done, if not cook a few more minutes...Let cake cool then ice.

ICing- you can just Eat this- It is so yummy!!

1/2 cup margarine

4 TBsp cocoa

6 TBsp milk

3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter in saucepan on stovetop, add cocoa, and milk, bring to a bowl. Remove from heat then add vanilla and powdered sugar, stirring til white of powdered sugar is dissolved, it will start to thicken, pour on top of cake.

Eat til you blow up!! hahahahahaha

Thank you for taking the time and sharing this recipe with us. This cake sound so easy and yummy!!

Well I love zuccini bread and I really love chocolate so I'm sure I will love this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

I hope you all love this cake as much as we do!! It is so yummy, when I make the icing I always have to leave some in the pan to lick, delicious!!

Thanks so much for sharing that recipe, I made the cake today and it is FABULOUS !!! I needed another resource to make use of the over abundance of zucchini we have this year. Thanks again!

Steph

Yummmmmmm....my Mom and Grandma used to make this one a lot....I need to find my recipe & compare it.....another one they made was "Raw Apple Cake"........ it's amazing and simple as well....... I love the simple, good recipes......
default_biggrin.png

Thanks so much for sharing that recipe, I made the cake today and it is FABULOUS !!! I needed another resource to make use of the over abundance of zucchini we have this year. Thanks again!

Steph
Steph, I'm glad you liked it!! I dont normally eat zucchini but I sure eat it in this cake!!

Have fun eating yours...

Missy

I'm baking this as we speak! What a great idea! Thank you for posting the recipe!

My neighbors brought us so much zucchini recently. I wanted to do something nice for them. This was a perfect idea(also, our ac unit stopped working this week. My husband called them and they had just taken their unit out to replace it with a new unit.. It was sitting in their yard. He got the part and fixed it. THANK GOODNESS- I think we owe them more than a cake).

I'm making two tonight. One for them and one for us. My house smells so good!

Just another idea--- my husband cooks the zucchini in olive oil and parmesan cheese. YUM!

Kim

OK, I saw this recipe when it was originally posted, and was intrigued but didn't think I'd ever make it. Well, funny how things work out, because I usually pick my zucchini out of the garden when they are fairly small, but I must have missed one hiding in the back because I found one about a foot long and about 4 inches across. Hmmm....too big for the grill, but I could probably grate it for something. Hey, that cake recipe!! So I tried it.....

YUM!!! This cake is so easy and dense and delicious. I have no idea how only 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder could make such a dark chocolate cake, but it is excellent and a huge hit with the hubby too. I love recipes that use ingredients that I always have on hand, and this is certainly one of them. I was a little short on powdered sugar for the frosting, so I think I got more of a thick glaze than frosting, but it tastes great too. Oh, just curious, where did all the zucchini go? I don't see any evidence of it in the cake at all!

Thanks again for posting this recipe. It is definitely going into my file of favorites. I'm sure I'll be making it a few more times before zucchini season is over.

Jayne

OK, I saw this recipe when it was originally posted, and was intrigued but didn't think I'd ever make it. Well, funny how things work out, because I usually pick my zucchini out of the garden when they are fairly small, but I must have missed one hiding in the back because I found one about a foot long and about 4 inches across. Hmmm....too big for the grill, but I could probably grate it for something. Hey, that cake recipe!! So I tried it.....
YUM!!! This cake is so easy and dense and delicious. I have no idea how only 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder could make such a dark chocolate cake, but it is excellent and a huge hit with the hubby too. I love recipes that use ingredients that I always have on hand, and this is certainly one of them. I was a little short on powdered sugar for the frosting, so I think I got more of a thick glaze than frosting, but it tastes great too. Oh, just curious, where did all the zucchini go? I don't see any evidence of it in the cake at all!

Thanks again for posting this recipe. It is definitely going into my file of favorites. I'm sure I'll be making it a few more times before zucchini season is over.

Jayne
Jayne, I'm glad you liked it too!! I wonder the same thing about the zucchini! Where does it go?? It makes the cake so moist. I once made it with just alittle less zucchini than it called for and it was dry, so I wont ever do that again!! I'm glad your family will be enjoying this as much as we do this summer...

Missy

Latest posts

Back