Anyone going to Lolli Brothers sale -MO

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
I was at a friends last night and said he was going-they have lots of herd dispersals this time -I wondered if anyone is going? I am thinking on it but am kinda scared!! I might bring home something!

There are 3 or 4 dwarfs listed
default_sad.png

I had originally planned to and know of a couple other people that are going, but I am going to wait for the LynnCliff dispersal instead in November. I saw the dwarfs too; at least this time they're listed as dwarfs.
default_rolleyes.gif

Where is it in Mo. I live here???? Might be interested in going if it's not to far. Thanks, TJ

Dwarfs are always listed as dwarfs there.

We'll be at the Royal M Sale in Chickasha, OK...if we ever get out of here that is~LOL

Dwarfs are always listed as dwarfs there.
Are several openly identified as dwarfs? Yes, but I disagree that all dwarfs that go through that auction are properly identified. (I wish they still had pictures available from the last auction.)

Taylor Jo, here's the link to the next auction: http://www.lollibros.com/minihrse.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it in my Journel June/July issue, Macon, Mo about 3.5 hrs from me. But, it doesn't have any AMHR/ASPC's like I want listed so I won't go, I'd be to tempted to come home w/ something I didn't need. I'd feel sorry for one or two and they're I'd be. TJ

There are some nice horses listed. BUT did you see the 18 month old dwarf with a saddle on that's "been used at birthday parties"? GRRRRRRR
default_no.gif

They lady only lists what the owners say. YOu cant call something a dwarf just by pics or with out the owner saying so. HOw would you like it if you were to consign a horse and they listed that it was a dwarf, blind and crippled if it wasnt??????

I have been to this sale several times. Every dwarf is announced as so when it comes in the ring. I am sick of people bashing this sale.

QUOTE (AppyLover2 @ Sep 26 2008, 01:03 PM)

There are some nice horses listed. BUT did you see the 18 month old dwarf with a saddle on that's "been used at birthday parties"? GRRRRRRR

If you really look at the picture the saddle is sitting on a handkerchief. It is clearly there for decoration because it is way to small, not for kids to get on and ride. If she was used at birthday parties, I am sure it was as a petting zoo type thing. That wouldn't be so bad if the dwarf was healthy, it maybe even enjoyed it.

That saddle is so small.....I doubt if even Whipflash the Taco Bell monkey could fit on it. It looks more like a prop/decoration.

QUOTE (AppyLover2 @ Sep 26 2008, 01:03 PM) There are some nice horses listed. BUT did you see the 18 month old dwarf with a saddle on that's "been used at birthday parties"? GRRRRRRR

If you really look at the picture the saddle is sitting on a handkerchief. It is clearly there for decoration because it is way to small, not for kids to get on and ride. If she was used at birthday parties, I am sure it was as a petting zoo type thing. That wouldn't be so bad if the dwarf was healthy, it maybe even enjoyed it.

When I started this thread, I wasnt bad mouthing anyone.. I really wanted to know WHO was going? There were some nice horses listed.

I just said there are some dwarfs listed. I dont like that someone is making money off of these dwarfs and they will probably go the highest-I hear this happens all the time. It is just irresponsible to sell them for big bucks and toot the they are sooooooo cute and can do parties and such. If I bred a dwarf I would either keep them or GIVE them to someone who devotes themselves to dwarfs like the couple here on this forum-sorry cant remember their names...

It bothers me that people will do anything to make a buck these days. Now I would really commend them if on the auction site it said dwarfs for FREE to anyone who will love and care for them til they cross the rainbow bridge no matter when that might be...

If people see them for sale or auction for high prices then they will TRY to breed a dwarf, which IMO is not right... Its that anything to make a buck thinking...

Did anyone go and how were prices? I am curious what Redstone's horses brought?? I wish my husband would let me get a couple of mares!!!
default_wacko.png

I think the horse sell today. I know someone who was down for the exotic end of it and he said that there was no one there. If you took the crowd X3 there still wouldn't have been anyone there. Prices on the exotics were cheap, really cheap except for the camels they were bringing about what they should have.

I do know someone who went to the sale. She said definately a buyers market. Registered horses going for $300, $400, etc. But there were a few that went for $1000 & up. She also said that there were quite a few registered colts (I can't remember if she said weanlings or yearlings) all were pinto's that went for $25 - $75 each. I asked why so cheap - she thought they were nice looking just didn't have the "known" bloodlines in them. I had my eye on a small mare and my friend purchased her for me: she is AMHA 29 1/4", black/white pinto, and is still to have a foal this fall and she was purchased very reasonably $400.

I asked her about the dwarfs and she said she hated to watch them as they went for pretty high $. The one that everyone is talking about with the saddle on it - she said they had a young toddler/baby that they sat in the saddle - and she too hated to see that.

I asked her about the dwarfs and she said she hated to watch them as they went for pretty high $. The one that everyone is talking about with the saddle on it - she said they had a young toddler/baby that they sat in the saddle - and she too hated to see that.
Any auction owner who wants to have a respectable reputation would simply not allow that to happen.

They do not need to let just anyone or anything come thru their auction. I blame them as much as the owner perhaps more -they have no excuse they do know better!

We attended the sale. The Red Stone horses brought the following prices. I did not get them all written down, but this is what I have.

Lot numbers according to the Lolli Bros. website:

9000 Red Stone Bacardi Buckeroo...a very nice colt was no saled (I did not write down what he brought). The owner wanted $5,000

9001...Red Stone Samantha Royale, a gorgeous black show filly brought $3,000

9002...RFM Pharaohs Royal Starlette in foal brought $2,500, was no saled...owner wanted $4,500

9003...Red Stone Miss Addy Royale brought $550..she was no no saled.

9004...H & H's Alfalfa Surprise was not at the sale.

9005...Little Kings Sheza Elegant Miss...did write down what she brought

9006...Greenridge Pearl of Russia brought $800

9007...Red Stone Bint Royale was not at the sale

9008...JTR Bandits Red Bird brought $2500, she was no saled owner wanted $3,500

Dwarfs brought anywhere from $550 - $850. The lady with the dwarf and saddle on it got a bid of $850 and she no saled it...she wanted $1,000.

The Ramaker dispersal horses sold as such:

9027...Sheep Meadows Sweet Sue, a blue roan mare brought $475

9028...Raygold Ramaker Perfecta's Angie, 2008 bay filly brought $700-we bought her.

9029...EFH Huckabuck and 9026..Raygold Wythe Ramaker JJ were not at the sale.

9030...Raygold Ramaker Dahreeka, bred to JJ brought $425

9031...Raygold Ramaker Dezeray mare w/ palomino pinto filly at side brought $1,100

9032...Raygold Ramaker Sabrina was not at the sale

9033...Raygold Ramaker Autumn Princess, 2 yr old daughter of Kommandant brought $375

Guess it's good I didn't go--according to the info my top pick wasn't there anyway. Sounds like some good buys on the Ramaker horses. Congrats on yours kmh.

Thanks RockRiver......we are very pleased with our new Ramaker filly. Her sire is Perfecta @ Buck On Ranch. I have always admired that Wardance line and now we finally have it in our herd.

We are looking forward to showing her in 2009.

Steph

Latest posts

Back