Anyone famous in your family tree?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm........................

My great great great ? (not sure) gradmother was Sarah Houston, who was the sister ? to Sam Houston I wish I could scan her picture onto the computer.

Not sure if this counts, but my grandfather worked on the Manhatten Project in Virgina making the adom bomb in WWII

My maternal grandfather traced back to Rob Roy McGregor, sort of a Robin Hood of Scotland (maybe did battle with your ancestor, saddle trail
default_smile.png
), and my husband's sister always claimed they were related to Annie Oakley. Their mother was an Oakley.

This is not a famous one, but the story has always tickled me - my dad's mother, who died when I was very young, always said that she had come over from England as a young woman, fallen in love, married and refused to go home. My mother did some geneology years back and the truth appears to be that she came over as an au pair and didn't have the money to get home LOL. She did marry here and they subsequently opened a business in Dallas and did very well, until he died in his 40's and the depression set in, leaving her to raise 5 children.

Jan

On my fathers side I am related to Martin Van Buren, the 8th PresidentOf the U.S.
I went to his home last year, very pretty.

On my father's side, it's believed that we are decedents from the viking, Eric the Red. I don't know how accurate that is since I'm sure there are no records. It is entirely possible, I have a very strong Scandinavian heritage.

On my mother's side, Roger Toothaker, one of the men that died in prison during the Salem Witch trials.

The Younger brothers are in my family tree. My mom said that at one of the banks they robbed, we had relatives on both sides.....one was robbing and the other a teller!

My Grandfather on my Dad's side, his sister was married to Hank Williams Sr. That makes Hank Williams Jr a distant cousin.
default_yes.gif

Hubby's tree goes back to Franklin Pierce, 23rd President. Phillip Livingston, a signer of the Declaration of Independence is also in his tree. Hubby's middle name is Livingston and his father's first name was Pierce.

Im a cousin of James Buchanan (15th president) on my dad's side. My maiden name is Buchanan.
default_yes.gif

Not me but my hubby and sons

Miyamoto Musashi the most famous Samauri swordfighter ever
default_biggrin.png

miyamotosmall.jpg

and for me - Queen Elizabeth (la-dee-frickin'-da) hahaha I'm a member of the Scottish Ferguson clan...she's one to
default_rolleyes.gif

These are so interesting and fun! On my dad's side - the late, great (and might I add super-cool
default_biggrin.png
) actor Steve McQueen - (about) 5th cousin to my dad. Even such a distant cousin, I see some resemblance in my dad and uncles.

Wow, we have some pretty amazing people with some pretty amazing relatives!

Come on....Shake those branches....there has to be more!

On my mothers side. I have a famous Uncle. He is from the Holland war time.His name is Victor Kugler.But in the famous true story book He is known as Victor Kraglar. The book is called Diary Of Ann Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
On my father's side: My relatives came over on the boats from England just after the Mayflower......you know...the ones they dumped all the prisons onto. SOOOO I am a decendant of all the British Criminals!

.....that explains a lot, now that I think about it.....

On my father's side: My relatives came over on the boats from England just after the Mayflower......you know...the ones they dumped all the prisons onto. SOOOO I am a decendant of all the British Criminals!.....that explains a lot, now that I think about it.....

Haha, mine were on the Mayflower.

We are related to David Hackwort (www.hackworth.com) very closely, however would have to ask them about the actual relation.

Latest posts

Back