anyone ever just ride in the trailer to see

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure DO....to check the trailer out and in cases of horse "needed me".
aktion033.gif
Absolutely made my son ride in there before he was allowed to tow with a horse in it.
laugh.gif

Yep! Been there and done that, or rather my other half has
smile.gif

We had a yearling colt that had been colicky for 5 days and was taken for surgery as a last resort. My partner, Cory rode in the back of the trailer with him to make sure he didn't go down and that he didn't freak out on the long trailer ride. Cory sat in a folding chair right next to the little guy the whole way up, and 5 days later, did it again when we bought the little guy home.

We felt we had to do it for the emotional and physical welfare of the little colt. I am sure he (the colt) was glad we did
yes.gif

You can't tell me we don't love our horses
biggrin.gif

Like most, I have ridden in there for the benefit of one of our equines. I once rode from nothern Illinois to west of St Louis with a very nervous Arab mare who had never been trailered in her 6 years prior to us buying her. It did help her to have me there but it sure didn't help me much! It was rough and noisy!

I just made the trip to the vet's office last week with a mini who we thought had a broken leg! We couldn't get our regular vet to come to us so we hauled to one of our other vets which, thankfully wasn't too far away. We have a 24' trailer with 2 10' sections and a mini with a hurt leg needed someone to help steady him. I rode on my knees and held him under my arm and against my body. My husband drives very nicely for the equines but the trailer was rough and noisy! Best news here: the leg was NOT broken!

StarWish/Colleen

Latest posts

Back