Anyone else still without power

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
We are (thank goodness) running a generator for the TV, computer, a few lights, chest freezer and fridge now, but it could be WEEKS longer before power is restored in some areas of NW Arkansas. We're still driving over power lines across the road and have not even SEEN a utility truck closer than 15 or so miles from the house...it's also supposed to start raining tomorrow, 4 plus inches in the next few days...yippee, NOT!

Erica, are ya'll still in the dark too???

I can't believe your power is not restored!!!!!
default_frusty.gif

I don't remember going over a day without power, and I'm from Michigan where we always get bad weather
default_no.gif
!!

I certainly pray that you, and others will get their power restored soon!!
default_pray.gif
:pray

~Jessica

OMG Laura...

How are the kids handling that!!!! They must be going crazy. I hope it is on soon. The no flushing toilets is the worst!!!!!!!!!

We are FINE, we have hot water, a few lights, TV, computer (thank goodness) and I even have the washing machine hooked up to the generator right now, to take advantage of the 25 mph winds outside to dry bedding I haven't been able to wash-yuck~LOL It's just starting to get OLD. The kerosene heaters, Coleman lanterns and camp stove make me super nervous. I won't use the lanterns or heaters if Steve's not home, so we just wing it with the fireplace and flashlights
default_wink.png

Oh Laura, sorry to hear that.

The longest we have ever been without power was 3 days and that was enough.

We have a generator now, but can only run certain things from it? furnace is too much and if we need our sub pump running have to turn other things off, hope to one day get a bigger generator that will do the job, when hydro goes off here.

Hope it does not happen too soon.

Thinking of you in your time of need. That sure has been awhile for you guys.
default_saludando.gif

Hi Laura,

We just got the last of our electricity on yesterday ! Thank goodness. I feel for you. Hope you get yours soon.

Linda

We just got ours on a couple of hours ago. I am so glad to be home. We were staying in a motel. We have been without for 11 days. My son tracked a crew down out the road from us and asked them if they would look at ours because everyone on our road had electric except us, our barn and one other neighbor. They were a crew from Virginia. They followed him to the house and found a big fuse on a line blown. Fixed it in about 15 minutes. They were really nice guys. They didn't have to come to our house. We weren't on their list. I am sooooo thankful for them being so nice.

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry your STILL w/o power that's terrible. Man that must be tough. Hang in there, my prayers are with you all that are without it. Picasso, I'm sooo thankful your son had enough wits about him to ask those guy's that was REALLY smart of him. Gee, I never would have thought of that. Kuddos to him. I feel for all the people w/o generators that are having to try and make it. I don't know how their doing it. I can't believe they actually go that long w/o restoring power. How do people do it with kids, and elderly people, it's crazy. TJ

Hope they get your power back to you real soon. But you sound like you are "making lemonade". Will keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers.

default_new_shocked.gif
I sure hope they get to you soon.

With young kids they can make it fun and adventurous for a few days, then it becomes a royal pain.

Hope you see a truck soon!

Oh, Laura, believe me you have my prayers. After going through Ike, I know what you are going through. My parents in Pocahontas (Northeast Arkansas) got their power restored this morning. I got an email from mom, and it was like I could feel her jumping up and down with joy.

My brother has been working with an insurance company and has been sent to Mountain Home. I don't know how far that is from you...think it is close to Lisa (Ozark Mountain) but not sure.

Here's wishing warm weather for you............and power.

Thanks everyone
default_saludando.gif
We saw power trucks last night and this morning...as they drove past the house
default_wink.png
The good thing is, our lines come right off of the main highway line, so when that's up, we're up too! We had our shutoff turned off, since Steve had to repair the downed line in the yard. When he closed it, it broke. We were able to reopen it, but it won't turn off again now, so it's on to stay, once it's eventually ON!

We'll see how things go. We are expecting BAD, BAD storms today with 50 mph winds (we had 30 mph yesterday), hail & possible tornados, so it's possible some of these new lines will go BACK down...ugh.

I certainly hope that you get electricity back to your house soon. Isn't it amazing how dependent we are on it now?

Latest posts

Back