Anyone else have a Dels Cowboy offspring?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseyGurl22

Reaction score
I swear I learn something new about my mini's everyday. This are my first ones so I don't really know anything about the blood lines in mini's, but from talking to people I've found that my geldings sire had quite a show career.

My gelding, Cypress Meadows Cowboys Conquest, is an off spring of Dels Cowboy. The funny thing is though, my gelding is a palomino pinto. His dam is black and Dels Cowboy is a palomino, so how did he come out pinto? It's interesting and I just wanted to know if anyone else had an offspring of Dels Cowboy like this?

Even though Robin (Cowboys owner would argue with me on this.)
unsure.gif
I have seen more than one offspring of Cowboy that was a pinto, when the mares were solid.
yes.gif

Robin

My Fancy is his palomino granddaughter, if that counts. I've only seen pictures of him and I think he's gorgeous. Why would he have pintos? I don't remember, does he have some white on him, would that possibly mean that he has a pinto gene? Just curious, i thought a horse had to have a pinto parent to be pinto?

Here is our Del's Cowboy son, Little America's Rowdy Cowboy. His dam is also solid, with no white on her anywhere! I had actually never thought of that before.

rowdycowboy0624a.jpg

And our daughter of Del's Cowboy, Landry's Cowboy Rosie:

landryscowboyrosie.jpg

If you look at the second picture of him on this website

http://www.robinsnestranch.com/home/dels.php

It looks like he has a star. If he does that could be where the pinto came from.

EDIT- It says on the website that he has white hind socks & a star.

Last edited by a moderator:
He probably has tobiano and sabino from those markings and his offspring. Definitely a "pinto in disguise!"

Dels Cowboy is the sire of my favorite miniature EVER, Landrys Cowboy Del! Cowboy Del is a solid palomino; his dam, Dena Dales Pansini, was also a palomino. I have two Dels Cowboy grandsons, and two great-granddaughters.

From the descriptions, and the photo posted, I'd say that it's very likely that Dels Cowboy is a minimal tobiano, with sabino!

That's really interesting! I always thought of Dels Cowboy as a 'solid' palomino, but with the hind socks/stockings, I would definitely say he's a minimal tobiano and sires tobianos out of solid mares!
smile.gif

That's really interesting! I always thought of Dels Cowboy as a 'solid' palomino, but with the hind socks/stockings, I would definitely say he's a minimal tobiano and sires tobianos out of solid mares!
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting a son of Del Cowboy Saturday, Birchwood Cowboys Sidekick. He too is a Palomino Pinto. I don't have any good pictures but here is one that show's where his white is.

f24e64be.jpg

Just that mark across his back then runs down his one side. He also has all white feet. I think they are called socks but one leg is white up to his knee.

His dam is a solid bay.

Latest posts

Back