Anyone else hate the Mall?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mall depends on my state of mind, and sometimes I can take or leave it.

I can see why you had such a hard time, Marty, and I'm glad you ran into a friendly face there.

Your boy is cute, baggy pants and all. He's turning into a man before our eyes, it happens fast, don't blink!

You will look back and smile about those baggy pants, but look past the clothes, you have a wonderful young man in those clothes be they dress ups or work/play clothes, and he loves you a lot. :D

Sounds like he found a way to have some fun and cheer you up. That is just priceless.

Here's to better days and stay away from that Mall. *LOL*

Liz M.

I hate the malls, but I DETEST Walmart -- much worse! (I'm such a cheapskate, though, I do go to Walmart and to the Dollar store for some things...)

I like Goodwill, garage sales, junk stores, flea markets, internet and CATALOGS!!! And I love small boutiques, especially my design clients...if anyone is near Portland, be sure to check out Fyberworks on SE Hawthorne...beautiful, well-made, artistic clothes that respect mature women and their very real bodies.

And if you ever get invited to a Weekender clothing sale, they have great, comfortable, wash and wear clothing that all coordinates wonderfully...

Yes, I am a mall hater too. I hate shopping period....though have to admit I do not mind going into a tack store once in awhile.

Have to go food shopping now and again, but for clothes,, I buy online. Less stress that way.

Marty i get all my clothes for myself and my daughter at the car boot sales also, i love them, i go every Sunday, my mum has never bought herself anything new except a coat i bought her for Christmas last year, she goes to charity shops, she call them her boutiques lol, i used to be seventeen stone, so ive shopped for the larger lady also, i hate clothes shopping, i love just hanging out in my work clothes as i feel prepared for anything,but even to hear youve been out again as afamily is lovely, and you got to meet Michaels friend which was lovely, I'm sure something will turn up for you,when you least expect it
default_wink.png
:

I don't think it's the "Mall" per say that I hate...I think it's the hoards of people that cram into them and go there. I'm the same way with shopping at Walmart or the grocery store. If there's a crowd you won't see me there. I do enjoy going shopping when I'm in the mood and it's off time at the stores...either early in the morning or later in the evening when everyone else is at home. Another store that surprisingly I like is Target.

Good thing about horse people....my wardrobe consists of Jean, shirts, t-shirts and sweatshirts...boots, muckers, sneakers. I own pairs of black jeans, blue jeans and white jeans....dress boots, muck boots and ropers.....so I don't do much shopping at the malls for clothes. I used to care what other people's opinion of me was.....then I grew up and got over it!
default_yes.gif
:

I hate the mall too, and I am 17!

Last time I went, I went looking for some shorts since all of mine were getting a bit too short.. to say the least.

I went in and all I could find were shorts that were actually cut to have your butt hanging out from them! I started getting really mad, and yes, I do talk to myself, so I started basically yelling at the clothes and all these people were staring at me. I found someone that worked there and asked them if they had shorts that wouldn't go up my butt and they said no, because those arent the style. I was disgusted, so I left.

Now I found 3 pairs of shorts that AREN'T riding up my butt.

Marty, I would give you a hug right now if I could.

Oh my Marty

You would fit in this family. I hate the mall too, we go only when we have to. Now

my dad loves to shop, we do Walmart once a week. If Mom and I are by one, and

we stop and get something, then get home. Oh my are we in trouble. We have to wait

and go home to get Dad, and then drive back to get the items. He loves to walk and

look. If we are going any where that is shopping, we got to make sure he is with us.

I perfer he go by himself. But NOPE.. we got to go with him. But we love him.

At least it did sound like you guys had a great day, crying is okay too, but I am

happy to hear some laughter. And that Dan was being so fun, and having a great time.

You guys need to do this more often, but you can pick something else besides shopping.

Vicky

I hate shopping. I can live in Best Buy though. Love that store, that's the geek in me talking :bgrin

For the mall, I go to Lane Bryant and Hot Topic and that's it. Lane Bryant is great for fuller figures.

Glad you got a day out though.

:saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you NEVER find clothes when you go to shop for them. When you aren't looking for them there are TONS and you never have the cash ! I am a 'big un' go to some of the younger stores a lot of them do bigger sizes, anything in black works !! Do you have Marks and Spencers ? they have everything long/short any length any size. Speak to your friends who could lend you something, a plain suit looks fab with a crisp shirt and great jewellery ! When you dress to impress, you will have loads of confidence for your court appearence, get a friend whos good with their hair, to help you out as well. DONT sell yourself short...this is important
default_yes.gif
:

:saludando: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: Haven't been in a mall for years [unless you count B&N] which links to the mall but not in it. All my cloths shopping is with Lane Byant catalog or on line or e-bay.

oh, i hate the mall! and shopping! i like shopping online--that's for me! no CROWDS! jennifer :saludando:

Hi Marty

FLFlyingW/Donna here. I have not been on the backporch for a long time but glad I did. First I don't like shopping at all. My husband does all of the shopping. I would not go to the mall. I don't like it nor the prices. Before I retired I got all of my clothes at the thriftshops and flea markets. I could get better quality clothes for the price of the sales tax. I never put on the same outfit in the month because I had so many nice things. I took them all back before moving back to Daytona for them to resale. If I ever need anything again it will be back to the flea market. ( Oh My Dear Friend my Knick started to pull a cart today and did great. You know that made me so happy. ) Love you very much Donna

Mary, I am with YOu, Hon! I do 99% of my shopping at my favorite boutique.... K-MART.

Latest posts

Back