Anyone else been sick?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
I admit, I don't get sick very often. Maybe every 5-7 years. But when I do, I don't mess around!

Many people have been sick. I had a head cold and then a chest cold. Couldn't breathe, fever, coughing up....... I had hubby smear my chest with vicks and cover in plastic wrap 3 nights. It helps a lot!

Been sleeping a lot.

Finally starting to feel better!
default_smile.png

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. So far, the worst I've dealt with this winter is some allergy flare-ups and a couple junk food induced stomach-aches.

I hadn't been sick in so many years I couldn't remember the last time.Haven't had a flu shot in years in spite of being told I should get it.My son(52) was diagnosed Jan 4 with brain, lung and kidney cancer and I guess I got really run down running back and forth to hospital 30 miles away and taking care of his house.Had to shut off wood stove, drain all pipes, get oil heater working again after filling up tank,start plumbing again, rebuild rotted front steps and get house clean and organized.I didn't do all the physical work, but got people to do it and supervised and paid bills.Still had all my own critters to take care of including an old dog with very bad eye issues.Makes me tired thinking about what was done.No wonder I got run down and got sick.Had to stay away from him for over 2 weeks.Thank goodness he didn't catch it.Hopefully that is my 1 sickness for the next 10-15 years.I am mostly on the farm and not around lots of people so I'm not usually around germs.I also use LOTS of hand sanitizer when I go into stores with shopping carts.Hope everyone stays healthy-being sick is no fun.

Sorry to hear about your son
default_sad.png

Same here. I pretty much never get sick. But it caught me this time

Yeah. I'm like you. I rarely get sick. But this virus got me good. It's gone through the whole household and keeps hanging on.

aw Bev darn I am so sorry to hear about your son, that is such a shame. I'll be keeping you and him in my prayers.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Robin!! the creeping crud is bad this Winter.

I've stopped coughing finally! Still have fever. So glad it's almost over with
default_smile.png

I've been sick since September with a few healthy days here and there. I've gone from one thing to the next. Current one is a recurrence of a bacterial infection I had in my sinus' that we thought had cleared, and now is in the sinus and lungs. Major pain on the right side of my face along with swelling. The PA I saw even asked if I had mumps when I was a kid and I had, remembered it clearly, but I wonder if maybe immunity isn't for life after all.

Really frustrated and so over all of this.

Latest posts

Back