Anyone Else Anxious for Spring?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't mind it so much if it was not so slick out .

I can't walk diva as I would like to because I don't want her hurt.

I don't like this time of year because all the snow is dirty and grey, not pretty and white anymore. The days are warm enough to melt some snow and ice but the ground is still frozen so you just get puddles and 3" of mud sitting on top of the frozen ground. Right now it's just messy, slushy, muddy, and still cold. Lucky for us, when the ground does thaw, the mud dries up in a big hurry. We have a porous rock shelf a few feet below the ground so the water just sucks right down in a day or two.

MajorClemintine, You are lucky the mud dries so quickly. Here we have "mud season" and it can last forever or it seems that way. All our roads become very problematic.

We're in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont where the mud flows freely when it's maple sugar time.

See now I'm jealous of your Sugar Maple Trees. Always wanted some... not the right weather for tapping here. And, yes, we are very lucky the mud dries up quickly. Until the ground thaws it's pretty bad but as soon as we get that thaw, bye bye muddy mess. I'm hoping this year we'll get our big thaw by the end of Feb. Then praying it doesn't rain through March and April...

Feb! I should be so lucky. My trailer is plowed in right now with snow and more coming tonight. I'll be lucky if it melts by the end of March!

An RV Tankless heater is a whole lot less expensive than the "Horse" ones. Mount it on a handcart (Friend's Idea -it's a great one!!) with the LP tank and move it anywhere!!

We're now officially on blizzard watch so I guess the groundhog was wrong for us.

Me I cant wait
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
spring flowers popping up birds singing let alone that huge orange ball in the sky Iv missed them all...Plus cant wait to see whats under that fuzzy fluff ball on my new colt
default_whistling.gif

See now I'm jealous of your Sugar Maple Trees. Always wanted some... not the right weather for tapping here. And, yes, we are very lucky the mud dries up quickly. Until the ground thaws it's pretty bad but as soon as we get that thaw, bye bye muddy mess. I'm hoping this year we'll get our big thaw by the end of Feb. Then praying it doesn't rain through March and April...
Same here in Montana. Our standing water will disapate very quickly once the ground thaws. The weight limits are on the roads so surely that is a sign of an early spring. Now if the temps would stay above freezing at night the roundpen snow would disappear and we could get to work. I too am praying that it doesn't rain through March and April!

An RV Tankless heater is a whole lot less expensive than the "Horse" ones. Mount it on a handcart (Friend's Idea -it's a great one!!) with the LP tank and move it anywhere!!
Thanks for the tip! I'll check out the RV store this week.

Yes, and no. I love spring, with the flowers and foals and green grass, but spring down here brings wicked storms and tornadoes....
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back