Anyone Else Anxious for Spring?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
I am chomping at the bit for spring to show up. We still have 2-3 months of "winter" here and I'm already going crazy! I want to clip my minis so they look like horses again. I want to start working with them again. I want to hogg manes.

To make myself feel a little better I am buying and Insta-hot water heater for bathing the horses early spring. I aways have to wait until July to clip and bathe because we don't have hot water. For $200 I can buy portable hot water then I can bathe a lot earlier. The days are warm enough but it takes until July for the hose water to be anything more than freezing cold.

Anyone else getting anxious??

Anxious? I'm going CRAZY for a little sunshine! Imagine being able to go out to visit Scooter without thermal leggings, big coat, wooly hat, gloves... Bliss!

I can NOT wait for spring/summer! Been waiting since last summer ended--so excited!!

I am so ready for summer.
default_smile.png
:)

I still have at least 3 months left of winter.
default_sad.png

I want the snow gone and warm weather here already

I'm enjoying the absence of bugs. They will return all too soon and our battle will begin again. Love the longer days though and glad it's no longer dark at 4:00 p.m.

We're in the low 70's here, so you know I'm loving this weather! Can't wait for Daylight Savings (one more month!) so I can ride more during the week!

I am past ready, I also was ready for spring in November LOL!!! Winter is just torture waiting for foaling season, show season, and just getting to see my summer sleek horses rather than fuzzy yaks in my pastures again :D

I grew up in Southern Utah and it's in the 60s there now. Wish I was back there instead of up north. Although we got up to 40 today. A few more like this and our snow will start melting! I'm envious of Hosscrazy's weather right now.

I am so ready I hate the cold ...although I've been known to hate the heat too

come on spring we're all waiting for ya

Anxious for foals to be born and show season to start

I can't wait for spring.I should have lost weight just from dressing and undressing so much every day.My routine is get out of bed, dress in warm clothes&Hot Hands in pockets for barn feeding.Come in,out of heavy clothing to eat breakfast.Dress to go to pool or gym for knee therapy daily.Change at pool or gym.Come home and dress again for outside afternoon turnout.Take off heavy clothes for a few hours them back on for evening feeding.Meeting nights dress again in something that doesn't smell like horse.Come home from meeting and out of decent clothes into sweats until bedtime.Dress for bed.Just looking at it makes me think I should be slim and trim, but it ain't happening. Hurry up spring-not so many clothing changes.Forgot all the boot changes for winter cold and snow.

I can't wait for spring.I should have lost weight just from dressing and undressing so much every day.My routine is get out of bed, dress in warm clothes&Hot Hands in pockets for barn feeding.Come in,out of heavy clothing to eat breakfast.Dress to go to pool or gym for knee therapy daily.Change at pool or gym.Come home and dress again for outside afternoon turnout.Take off heavy clothes for a few hours them back on for evening feeding.Meeting nights dress again in something that doesn't smell like horse.Come home from meeting and out of decent clothes into sweats until bedtime.Dress for bed.Just looking at it makes me think I should be slim and trim, but it ain't happening. Hurry up spring-not so many clothing changes.Forgot all the boot changes for winter cold and snow.
OMG! I so agree, I'm getting sick and tired of the 3-5 changes of clothes a day, depending on what I'm doing and just how cold it is out (if its not too bad I can wear my flannel lined jeans out, otherwise I have to layer on the Carharts).

We're below zero this morning so 40 sounds lovely. I'm used to it though and there's something lovely about the quietness of winter and the beauty of snow everywhere.

I am seeing spring on the horizon here in Montana. We really didn't have much of a winter this year (and I am not complaining) I don't think we had any days that were single digits let alone in the negative range (that is degrees F). The horses are fuzzy and the arena and roundpen are still covered with snow but we have had a couple of days in the upper forties, but below freezing at night. I am excited for show season but really feel like we could benefit from being able to work horses before the end of April. So turn up the heat and lets get to spring!

I am seeing spring on the horizon here in Montana. We really didn't have much of a winter this year (and I am not complaining) I don't think we had any days that were single digits let alone in the negative range (that is degrees F). The horses are fuzzy and the arena and roundpen are still covered with snow but we have had a couple of days in the upper forties, but below freezing at night. I am excited for show season but really feel like we could benefit from being able to work horses before the end of April. So turn up the heat and lets get to spring!
You must be in Western Montana, out here in Eastern Montana; while still a mild winter for MT, we have had days below zero.
default_whistling.gif

The only thing I'm NOT looking forward to is flies and too hot to ride days XD But despite those facts: I"M READY FOR SUMMA!

As others I was ready for spring about November. I have started the costume for the horse for my granddaughter and cannot finish it until I can "find the horse" under all the hair to fit it to. The only thing I enjoy about winter is that picking up frozen poo and frozen pee is much easier than cleaning the stalls in summer! Gotta find a bright side!

I absolutely hate winter, so to say that I am anxious for some warm weather is an understatement! Cant wait to clip everyone and be able to enjoy being outside.

Latest posts

Back