Anyone been watching certain other new 'mini-series' made for TV?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
The thread on "Under the Dome" prompted me to ask who may be/have been, watching such mini series as: "Falling Skies" --I like it a lot, because I like certain kinds of sci-fi, and think this is pretty well-scripted and acted: "The Bridge" on FX--very adult and sometimes gory...but I look forward to every episode...mostly great acting and plot. I also really liked "The Killing", which with typical shortsightedness, has now been canceled by AMC(they did mess up in the way the first season was handled,lost lots of viewers as a result...was pretty ticked off, myself!. And we all know how wildly popular "The Walking Dead" has been and is!! What's your take on these?

OH...I also am just now watching 'Breaking Bad',and wishing I'd watched all along!Stumbled across 'reruns' on the Sundance channel @ 3 weeks back, two episodes in a row on Mon. nights...been taping and watching, but only got in starting @ episode 8....NOW, found that next week, AMC will be running it starting at episode 1...I set to tape as far as it would allow; don't know if they'll go through the whole sixty some-odd episodes, but will be checking to find out regularly....I like being able to see them in sequence, taped so I don't have to suffer the ads...and DON'T want to know how it winds up until I get to watch all the previous ones in sequence! Maybe I'll go back eventually and take a look at 'Mad Men', too...though the plot of it doesn't seem like something I'd be drawn to.

Margo

I don't care for any of the programs you mentioned, but hubby watches Falling Skies and Walking Dead as much as his schedule allows.

I love walking dead, wanted to watch falling skies but haven't so far. Glad to hear it's a good show, I'll probably buy the seasons to catch up. I watched Revolution the other night and really liked it. I'm really into these type of shows. Haven't seen Under the Dome yet, will buy that one when its released. I never liked these programs until my daughter got me watching supernatural. That one is kinda of silly now but loved the earlier years. Do you like Sleepy Hollow? I thought it was alot of fun.

We still need to watch the last 4 or maybe 5 episodes of Under the Dome. We both really enjoyed it. I did read the book, but I don't remember it well enough to remember what's coming up. I remember liking the book, but thinking the end was a bit "odd", but not that I didn't like it... just that I thought it was a little out there even for the storyline.

Breaking Bad is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!! I haven't watched any of "this" season (which is really the 2nd half of the final full season). We started to watch it, but I needed to see the last one or two from "last" season to catch me up. I think at the end of the season one before this one (they split the final season between THIS and the one before... one full season, shown over two years with this being the 2nd part). I thought if it ended THEN, it was tied together well enough. I was somewhat lost with "last" season but still want to give this one a shot. The show was so amazing, and I didn't catch onto it until it was almost all out to be watched from Netflix, so late to the game. Man, it's a good show!!!

My Dad's telling me to watch heck on Wheels, which I have not yet. I'm telling him to watch The Walking Dead. I know if he did, he would like it. It is like a modern day western, really! Bet I watch heck on Wheels before he watches The Walking Dead, though! (I do want to watch heck on Wheels).

I don't get to get Under the Dome
default_crybaby.gif

What I do watch is The Walking Dead and the new show THE BRIDGE. It's very good!

I found that AMC will be showing ALL episodes of "Breaking Bad" starting this coming Wed. and finishing w/ the Final Episode, which is next Sun. evening. It is not quite a 'marathon', but close. I went through and set to record EVERY episode, and look forward to being able to sit down and watch it in proper sequence. I will TRY to avoid all the discussions about how it ends until I have a chance to watch it myself!(I've seen Episodes 6-12, taping them off of the Sundance channel, which has been showing two per evening on Mon. nights...but will now get to 'go back' to the beginning...then see everything AFTER those episodes, w/o waiting 20 weeks to do so!!

For those that don't know, you can catch up on whole seasons online ;). I use primewire.ag (used to be letmewatchthis.ch). It's actually where I watch all my cable shows (Breaking Bad, Dexter, True Blood, The Walking Dead etc.), as we don't have cable. I caught up on all seasons of Breaking Bad in a month! Can't wait for the series finale on Sunday
default_smile.png

Can't wait for DowtownAbbey to start again.I love English stuff and the settings are beautiful.Don't watch much of the other stuff but I did like John Jakes books made into miniseries.l

Thanks for posting about the Breaking Bad marathon. I had never seen the show and hubby only watched 1 episode but it was a show we really wanted to see. So we DVR'd them and have been watching a few(from the very beginning) when we get the chance. I think we are up to season 4 episode 2.... not sure though.

These two are made for Netflix only........"House of Cards" with Kevin Spacey (and a host of other great actors) is amazing! Love it. It's the kind of show you have to pay attention to because the plot is fairly intricate. Another good one is "Orange is the New Black". Can't wait for the second season on that one.

The other show we stream from Netflix but is a network show is "Scandal". Love this one too. I really can't believe something that good was on regular TV. The 3rd season just started.

Finished Breaking Bad. It was really great but I kind of wished they would have ended it last season.......The finale was really good but...............I guess it's a matter of opinion on how you would want a series to end.

With Breaking Bad, I have not really watched "this" season (which is really the last half of last season, I think?). I tried the first episode of this season, but couldn't remember where it had left off, so figured I should watch the last couple again. I did think as Carol is saying -- when I saw the season finale of the "real" second to the last season (where Gus has something happen -- don't want to give anything away!), that THAT was where it should have concluded. Seemed like everything wrapped up pretty good. I clued my Dad into Breaking Bad and he also loves it. I think he got though all of last season (on Netflix), but thinking he was like me, where he / me couldn't remember where it had left off. I know he saw the big thing that was related to Gus... GREAT show, but sort of think it should have ended a bit before it did and not so sure I want to get up to speed for the remaining (6?) episodes. It ended perfect with the last episode I watched.

I did think as Carol is saying -- when I saw the season finale of the "real" second to the last season (where Gus has something happen -- don't want to give anything away!), that THAT was where it should have concluded. Seemed like everything wrapped up pretty good.

ed.
Jill, those were my feelings exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made it through the entire 'Breaking Bad' marathon; ended up having to tape the last episode but was able to watch it later that night by staying up a bit later than usual! I thought it was handled well; not as much 'action' in a few of the episodes leading up to the finale, but to justify the 'change in attitude', some reflective time was needed,IMO.

I have always had my truck washed at the Octopus Car Wash featured in the series';had no idea about it until seeing a story about it on TV. Have been there since, lots of photos of the series' stars line the waiting area....kind of cool to recognize features of the city and surrounding areas!

Orange is the New Black is awesome! It's a little.....crude, but women in prison have said it's the most realistic prison story they have ever seen, plus it's a true story (with a few embellishments). Really good!

Can't wait to start House of Cards now. These Netflix shows are impressive
default_smile.png

Orange is the New Black is awesome! It's a little.....crude, but women in prison have said it's the most realistic prison story they have ever seen, plus it's a true story (with a few embellishments). Really good!

Can't wait to start House of Cards now. These Netflix shows are impressive
default_smile.png
Netflix also has Lilyhammer and Hemlock Grove which were very good! But House of Cards is definitely my favorite!

Margo......I felt the same way watching Breaking Bad. I was always in Albuquerque for Nationals almost the entire month of October for 18 plus years and so much of it was fun to see on BB. My second home. I miss it. LOL!

I'm not sure if it applies here but I've been watching some of The White Queen and really like it.

Well we just got done last night watching the last of all 62 episodes of Breaking Bad. Very good, I was very happy with the whole series in general and the ending was great.

Vertical Limit-finally watched Hemlock Grove and LOVED it! House of Cards is next on my list
default_smile.png
I'm a big Kevin Spacey fan.

My only problem is that I have now watched Hemlock Grove, Orange is the New Black, Walking Dead, and Fringe on Netflix in the past 2 months, plus these 2 movies this past week: Nightmare Before Christmas (one of my favorites Halloween movies!) and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. So now Netflix thinks I am absolutely creepy and therefore everything in my suggested lists, which I usually get all of my future viewing material from, is extremely dark and twisty. Netflix is very judgmental and I am scared to browse anymore-just the names creep me out! Going to watch a few Disney movies to throw Netflix off a bit.....

Glad you liked it! House of Cards is so good we watched it twice. Hard to get it all in the first time. We also just got finished watching the whole Millenium Trilogy (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Girl who played with fire and hornets nest) The Swedish version.....subtitles. I found it to be WAY more like the book and understandable than the American version. Took a bit of work to get into reading subtitles but after a few minutes I got into the swing of it.

Out of sheer luck we starting watching Jericho. It is an "after the bombs" kind of thing. Another really good one! 29 episodes.

Latest posts

Back