Anybody wanna take a guess when I will "foal"?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Seems everybody around me is taking bets as to when I will give birth. My actual due date is 11/9. Everybody likes to keep telling me what to do to make her come out now,but I think they are nuts. I just look at them and say "I live on a farm, do you realize the things I do that most women dont do? LIke throw hay bales, clean stalls, split and stack wood".......if that hasnt worked yet I dont think any of their normal women things will work.

If there is any further information you need to make your guess ask away..... Sorry a little bored and couped up in the house all day with a sick toddler.

Last edited by a moderator:
The day after your due date
default_smile.png

Reo I could handle that. I am more then ready. I am shooting for either before the 4th or after the 10th.

default_saludando.gif
is this your first baby

i was a week over due with both my daughters

do you no what your having or is it a suprise

Yes this is my first. I am having a girl. As of last weeks doc appointment(last mon) I was 30% effaced which happened in 4 days time. I dont go back until this friday so not sure the progress.

Okay, I'll say Nov. 11th... just cuz. Remember: epidurals are nice; I'd have one everyday. Well, maybe not everyday.

Wow time flies! Im going to say 11-12-11 cus its a neat date LOL.

Im with you Ashley none of those crazy things work. Babies come when they are ready just like foals.
default_laugh.png

Sending you prayers for an easy labor and healthy baby girl!

11-11-11 (you should request a induction for that date if you haven't "foaled" by then!)
default_biggrin.png

OK, so IF you go on your own I'm gonna say...11/01
default_yes.gif

When ever is the least convenient! LOL. Best of luck and sending thoughts and prayers for an easy delivery and a healthy lil girl!
default_smile.png

No one really knows only when she is ready to present herself..

I remember many years ago.. went to the doctor, said everything looked good, baby is in the right position and should be in about 2 weeks.

Wrong had my girl that night and she was breech..

Well I am going to say October 31st. Trick or Treat..

Good Luck
default_aktion033.gif
and safe delivery.

I didn't read anyone elses guess yet I wanted to just go with my gut and I am going to guess Halloween

My gut tells me Halloween as well, and it has for a month or so now. By the time I was 6 week preggo I had a gut feeling it was a girl and that was right as well so we shall see.

Linda-

My clinic does not induce unless it is for a major medical reason. And even then they try to push first time moms until 41 weeks before they will even consider it. Size doesnt matter anymore either. I would rather not induce anyway as I feel if she isnt ready she needs to stay there, however if it does come to that I am ok with it cause at least I am positive of when I conceived.

She has been head down for about a month now so not to worried there. And yep I know she will come when she is good and ready, but thought this would be fun to do.

I've gotta go with Halloween; not sure why - just going with my gut!

ETA; Wow! Didn't see how many other people said that - I didn't even read the other guesses! Spooky.
wink.gif

I'm guessing within 6 days post due date as doctors are rarely right. Every "mare's" cycle is different and they go by a perfect 28-day cycle
default_wink.png
(Who is normal?) Unless you were early with your first naturally or they push you to induce (which they almost always do). What I wouldn't have given not to have been induced both times lol.

Why don't we induce mares? Because they are rarely ready when we are. Why do they induce women? Sometimes for a good reason. Sometimes it's just out of convenience.

Latest posts

Back