Anybody received this e-mail?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loess Hills

Reaction score
Sioux City, Iowa - on the Lewis & Clark Trail
Got this message today:

Gooday,

My name is Mary Federicks ,I'm willing to buy the above named item and i will be glad to have the best sale price of the item in US DOLLARS,and i will like to let you know that i will be paying you up by the means of a cheque that will be drawn on US bank.also,i will handle the shipping of the item as soon as the payment is through.Waiting to hear from you as soon as you read this mail.

Warm Regards

Mary Federicks ......

I WILL BE GLAD TO HAVE YOUR INFORMATION(NAME,ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER AS THEY WILL APPEAR ON THE CHEQUE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, and I'll bet you'd be glad to have my account number, too!

"I'm willing to buy the above named item"??? Uh huh..... as if a horse is an "item"
rolleyes.gif

I get a least 3-4 of these every week, all from different email addresses - and if I've just posted an ad somewhere, I get flooded (my highest count was 8 in one day). If I get something that is an obvious scam like this one, I just tell them that I know it's a scam, then click the SPAM button and delete it. An unfortunate part of selling on the internet.
no.gif

By the way, I have noticed a recent trend of scammer's using women's names. Used to be all men's names. I guess they think we will trust a woman easier than a man.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to tell you all the truth I have YET to get a scam letter~!
aktion033.gif
I have my E Mail set up on Medium High to Block E Mails at my ISP~! And every day I look at the list and if I don't know who there are from, or not interested in things,, I DELETE the E Mails from my ISP's server NON come into my E Mail box
biggrin.gif
So I have yet to receive ANY scamming letters I am not even interested in reading or hearing from or even want to read what they have to say.. They are Deleted into Cyber Space never to be read~!!!
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back