Anybody ever sue on the bases of discrimination?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
I know sombody that is thinking about doing this. Has already talked with both the state and a lawyer. Anybody done this or know of anybody that has?

Sorry, I can't help you but thought I'd give this a bump to make sure it gets noticed. Surely someone here as some experience with this.

Never have known anyone to sue over discrimination. My guess is that it would be heck to prove, and I would be prepared with witnesses, documentation and any other proof you have.

I work for an attorney in Missouri. Right now, we have 2 Discrimination cases pending. Just like lilhorseladie said, they are very, very, very, very hard to prove. You need LOTS of witnesses, and actual proof of discrimination. The statute of limitations is very short in most states, and in some states, (like MO) you will need to file a claim with the EEOC and have them give you a "Right to Sue" letter before you can proceed. One case has been going on for over 2 years and the other is only about a year and a half old. Both are VERY complicated cases. Make sure your friend gets opinions from more than one attorney. Some attorneys will take any case! Good luck!!

She has talked to a couple of lawyers as well as the state. They all thing she has a good case. I dont know all the details but here are some.

The HR lady tells new hires(within the office) to watch out for her because she is gay.

She got wrote up for bad personal hygene, for putting a bandaid on her foot where she had a sore, and useing handsanitiser after the fact. But she received an order with somebody elses blood on it and nothing happened there.

She got wrote up the other day for harassment because she has hurt a girls feelings. Everybody else in her area has stated she didnt harass her and that the other girl is emotionally unstable. They didnt do any research on it just wrote her up.

Told as well as in writing gave her a pay raise, then took it away because she isnt worth that much for the position she is in, as well as covering her partner in her benefits, then took that away as well as they though there might to many Chuck and Larry cases going on(the movie).

She has had a perfect file for almost 6 years. No write ups, excellent reveiws. Now all this with in a few months time.

Latest posts

Back