Anybody else see the moon rocket launch last night?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthorsemom

Reaction score
We were finishing up milking chores last night and I said.,. Hey, there is a rocket launch in virginia tonight that will be visible from Delaware. We are not far from delaware and It was launching at 11:27. We look at the clock and say, hey, thats in 10 minutes. All the family piles in the car and drive up to the highest field on our farm. No trees and a clear horizon. Then we try to figure out the direction. My husband points and says.. "there is due south" Then I said... It is costal, chinoteague island, so he moves his finger a little bit and says, Ok kids look there and there for all of us to see is a HUGE rocket launch very visible from where we were standing. It looked like a giant firework going off. The timing of his point and when the rocket launch happened and he was exact as to where it would launch had the kids jumping up and down in the pick up truck and cheering. I guess since it was just over the horizon we had the view point magnified. We even watched the first boosters drop off and the second booster fire and it made a big trail going across the sky. Never in my life have I ever seen something like that. It was soooooo cool. I was so glad we remembered and went to go look. We thought we wouldn't see anything, and we saw an amazing sight. I wished I had brought my camera, but will remember watching this in the field with my kids and husband forever. Yesterday was my wedding anniversary. What a cool way to end the day.

Anybody else go rocket watching last night?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tab
Wow, guess we are the only crazy folks to be outside last night at 11:27pm. Oh well, you really missed a sight, it was amazing.

That is so cool! no I didn't even know about it. Happy Anniversary to you! that was a neat memory you have and something the kids will remember for a long time.

Well, I live in Md. and knew it was happening, but as a senior I was in bed. I did watch it on the news the next morning. You are very special that you got to see it first hand.

Back