Anybody else experiance this at Tractor Supply?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"All I need to know is where it is, if you have it, and if you don't when are you getting it."

That's not all that was being asked in this topic, and even if it was that's still a loaded question to expect a minimum wage employee to be able to answer when you consider the hundreds or thousands of products most stores carry. Maybe the next time someone doesn't know the answer to your question, YOU can ask to speak with a manager. They're usually the ones getting paid marginally more for a title that doesn't guarantee that they know more than the rest of the store employees.

LOL! I don't get any better answers from the managers of these stores.

I'm sorry, but minimum wage employee should not equal "a warm body". Anyone can increase their worth by stepping up to the plate and doing MORE than what their job description entails. What irritates me is those who have no idea what customer service is and don't care because "its just a job" and are bleeding the clock until their next pay check. Anyone can go above and beyond their job duties regardless of position or immediate knowledge. It's called "A Can Do Attitude".

I like going to TSC. But usually I know what I want or have some kind of idea. I've never had to ask where anything is. I have noticed though that they are usually understocked majorly. It kinda reminds me of going to a garage sale. They have a little bit of this and that.

Our TSC is pretty good can't complain....spend enough money there thats for sure.
default_wacko.png

I have to side with TSC on this (and for the record, they are a GREAT store with, for the most part, great employees here). If they would have told "her" (any person, not just your other half) what size needles to get, etc, then she followed their advice and used them, and the horse had a reaction--guess what, she'd be likely to go after TSC. I'm sure if you asked them a question not related to animal health, they'd be willing to help you if they knew the answer.

Our nearest TSC is about 30 minutes away and worth the trip. I usually know what I am looking for, but they usually are helpful if I do have questions. It is well stocked too.

I have to side with TSC on this (and for the record, they are a GREAT store with, for the most part, great employees here). If they would have told "her" (any person, not just your other half) what size needles to get, etc, then she followed their advice and used them, and the horse had a reaction--guess what, she'd be likely to go after TSC. I'm sure if you asked them a question not related to animal health, they'd be willing to help you if they knew the answer.

She doesnt give shots, I do. She is the holder. I was at least a good hour away at the time and knew the store was closeing so I wanted her to get them before I got him. I couldnt remember the needle size at the time. So figured if they were the wrong size no big deal I would get different ones, but thought why not take a chance so if they were I could give a shot earlier.

That said they were the wrong size. I knew that when I seen them. NO big deal.

I have worked in retail myself. HEre they make $8+ dollers which is about the in the same range you will get working anywhere around here with out knowledge/exeriance in a feild or a college degree.

again I do know my way around the store. Wasnt there.

However still havent had much luck around there. I went and got shaveings when I first moved here from there. THey were irritated cause I didnt have a trailer tall enough just to sit the whole stack in at once. Dont know why they cared I loaded them myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dont know why they cared I loaded them myself"

Again, LIABILITY!!!
default_wacko.png

Thats not my point Mininik, sorry we cant all be as smart as you.

My point is, why bitch about something that they dont even do? People who buy the shaveings load them thereselves......so why were they bitchen my trailer wasnt tall enough when they didnt have do to the work? I am talking about manors and respect when you are in a customer service job. I am not allergic to work and actually enjoy hard labor. I wasnt bothered at all about loading them all myself, even in the middle of winter. I dont think the situation called for rudeness and disrespect. I didnt think I was disrespectful when I asked them to bring a stack out as there wasnt enough outside for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that wasn't how you presented the situation before, was it. I know here the local feed stores load for you for liability reasons. Oh well, there's really nothing more to say here except, "Thanks, and have a great day!"
default_wacko.png

Or could it just maybe be possible you actually took something the wrong way?

For the record I havent had a feed store load for me before either. They might bring it to the dock, if its not in the front room but I load it myself.

TSC doesn't load for me either....but Southern States does!! I just got back from TSC and they had everything I needed. It is funny how we tend to buy around....never seems to happen very often that just one stop has it all!!

She doesnt give shots, I do. She is the holder. I was at least a good hour away at the time and knew the store was closeing so I wanted her to get them before I got him. I couldnt remember the needle size at the time. So figured if they were the wrong size no big deal I would get different ones, but thought why not take a chance so if they were I could give a shot earlier.

That said they were the wrong size. I knew that when I seen them. NO big deal.

I have worked in retail myself. HEre they make $8+ dollers which is about the in the same range you will get working anywhere around here with out knowledge/exeriance in a feild or a college degree.

again I do know my way around the store. Wasnt there.

However still havent had much luck around there. I went and got shaveings when I first moved here from there. THey were irritated cause I didnt have a trailer tall enough just to sit the whole stack in at once. Dont know why they cared I loaded them myself.
I wasn't saying that SHE specifically would have gone after TSC, it was a generic thing. And TSC doesn't know that she isn't the one giving the shots or not, and it doesn't matter what you tell them, people lie all the time and it is no defense in court for TSC to say, well, she said... It is a liability thing, pure and simple.

Latest posts

Back