Any Westie lovers in MO?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reijel's Mom

Reaction score
I'm on a a lot of rescue e-mail lists, and got this e-mail this AM. I know there are some westie lovers/breeders on this forum, couldn't remember exactly who/where though.

This shelter is unfortunately always full and very high kill.

Here he is, and of course feel free to peruse all the other animals they have that need saving, too! There are some other purebreds there as well for those who have a specific favorite. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaype...?petid=12535578

there's no more room at the inn here! doggone it, i never should have looked, what a cute little dog!!

i wonder...is there a westie breed rescue anywhere near that could take this little guy? i am always amazed at the great dane rescue folks...they will pull a dane from a shelter and put it into rescue to be re-homed. of course, many if not most breed rescues will do the same thing. sure hope this dog can be saved!

i wish i could take them ALL.
default_sad.png

MO puts out so many purebreds because of the millers there. Lots of CORGIS even, Charlene
default_sad.png
. A breed rescue could be working on the westie even as we speak, but I know there are just such high numbers that come out of that area that not even the rescues can help them all.

Figured it wouldn't hurt anything to put him on here, you just never know, lots of dog lovers on this forum!

that's so true, i hadn't thought about it in those terms. i hope i live to see the day when every puppy mill in this country is shut down!

Oh my gosh yes, I live in PUPPY MILL heaven here. It's TERRIBLE. ONE of the things I don't like about living here and that people let their dogs run loose. NO leash law. Back in Ca they had a leash law. Oh dig this here where I live if you pick up a stray and want to turn it in, you have to pay to turn it in, that's of course IF they have room. Really sad situations around here. They're NOT big on fixing they're animals around here either. Don't mean to pick on anyone, but that's what I've found. NOT saying it's you, just in general. I have a friend that runs a kennel and very few animals are fixed. TJ

Latest posts

Back