Any one use a horse treadmill?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
I just happened to see one listed for sale and it seemed relatively inexpensive ....does anyone ever use one for their horses. I have no intention of buying it but was curious. I dont think Im allowed to tell where I saw it listed for sale but if anyone is interrested feel free to email me.

We had one for awhile when we were showing "hot and heavy".........They are okay, except not for a PRIMARY way of excersize .......Treadmills can encourage your horse to shorten their stride as they trot, and since we have always wanted to see FORWARD movement, that seemed counter-productive.

Just our experience........

I agree with Miniv on that. They are ok, but not for total conditioning. I have never used one, but have seen the results from too much use, and it seems they overdevelope some muscles and not others and it does seem to shorten the stride. If you do something different every day though, they are good if you have a lot of horses and you can rotate them doing different stuff.

Latest posts

Back