Any one have llamas?or goats?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EquineLover

Reaction score
saludando.gif
Does anyone have llamas?If you do do you just keep them for pets/ guards or driving/show/other?Does anyone have goats?

Mine are pets, guard, and breeding. Some use them for cart pulling.

Joyce

I have both llamas and goats, and have had them for years.

Llamas we use for pack animals, guards, fiber producers and pets. They are trained to picket ropes so we can stake them around the yard and use them for "weed whackers". They do a good job of keeping weeds and brush trimmed and under control.

For goats, I originally had a dairy herd. I used to milk 12 goats, twice a day, by hand. Then I got fiber goats - both cashmere and Angora. Now I have Boers, which are meat goats. I also have them trained to picket ropes and use them for cleaning up around the fence lines, and since goats thrive on stuff that most animals won't eat, they are excellent at reducing weeds.

I also have a couple of alpacas, which are very charming animals.

I have Llamas and goats too!

I was told my male was an alpaca when I bought him but I think he is a miniature Llama.

Mainly I have pygmy goats now, used to have boer cross, but wanted the little ones!!!

Our Llamas make excellent herd protectors!!!

We have 3 Llama geldings as guardians for our Alpacas...and they guard the Minis too! Really interesting critters!

We have a pair of llamas that give us a cria every year. We use them as guard animals for the minis.

MA

Latest posts

Back