Any news on the little filly that was...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
having problems with her back legs??? I have been off the board for a bit so I may have missed something? Any updates?

HI, I think there have been at least 2 of us that had fillys with problems. The other one was a pinto filly and I think she had stifle problems and will be ok. I on the other hand had a beautiful maximum white sabino filly from a difficult birth that did stand at birth but by a few hours later could no longer stand on her back legs. After a good sized vet bill and plasma transfer and working on and both the mom and me feeding her for 5 days she suddenly crashed and I lost her. So she did have nerve damage that may have improved it was a blood infection that killed her ! I had the plasma transfer done to prevent that but as she was dying the vet tells me that this sort of thing is pretty common even with the transfer being done. That really threw me for a loop!

Here is a pix of my little Angel. She was out of a sabino sorrel minimal appy sired by our black minimal splash sabino Shadow. This was about the last color I expected from those two!

brightyshadowsitupblueeyemomhead6hrsoldOK.jpg
briteyshadow1ststdwet61905.jpg
brightyshadowlayblueeyeheadup6hrsOK.jpg

Hairicane, I am sorry you lost your little beautiful one. Looks like she was born to be an angel, what a danged sorry ending.
crybaby.gif

I am so sorry about your loss. Wow she is so pretty. Such a beautiful baby.

How are heart breaking. And spending all that money only to still lose her.

You have had some beautiful babies this year.

Congratulations on the new baby to.

Vicky

Thanks Danielle for thinking of her! She truely did look just like a little angel so I guess u are right. She just melted the hearts of everyone that saw her in her short life. I am so thankful to have other live healthy foals to watch and enjoy. They are all little blessings.

Thank you for the update and yes she was an "angel" just beautiful. My goodness there is so much pain and loss on this board this spring, summer
no.gif
and I just read about Kaykay loss, how heartbreaking! Well I guess my little "Dora" has alot of friends to play with "over the rainbow bridge".

Haricane I am so sorry for your loss
sad.gif

Danielle, Cherokee Rose, our filly with the stifle problem, is still a determined little girl! After several days of playing phone tag with the surgeon at Guelph, and then two other vets, we are finally booked for surgery on Thursday at London Equine Hospital in Ilderton. We are taking Cherokee and her dam there tomorrow.

Beccy

I am so sorry you lost her--she was just beautiful. my heartfelt sympathies! jennifer

AGain thanks so much! And Beccy best of luck with your girls surgery. Im she will be just fine.

Latest posts

Back