any ideas to help this stupid burn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I said it before and I say it again, I am so sorry, I know how this hurts.

My husband got a terrible burn on the back of his leg from hot water. We spent months caring for it and washing and rinsing it with saline, putting solvidine ointment and bandages on it twice a day. It happened in May and I remember having to teach my son how to dress it when they went hunting in the fall. I am sorry, this is not encouraging but I believe the worst fear is fear of the unknown, we were able to keep the infection from setting in by doing this each and every day morning and night. There were days when I would cry while doing it but both of us knew it had to be done. The first 2 weeks were OK as he had no feeling but after the nerves started waking up it was tough for both of us. Once the dead tissue was all gone it became much easier, so the debreding is necessary. Again, I am sorry.

Can you take valium? Perhaps some valium before the process or even some gas like the dentist gives you would help. It will hurt and agian, I am sorry.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, let us know how you do.

Lots of love and hugs to you!
cheekkiss.gif

No advice but to drink lots of fluids, best of all water and maybe some certain teas.

I think the skin will need it to heal and help fight the infection.

Take your vitamins and just maybe it will heal faster than you fear.

My son Brandon burnt his hand pretty badly on his brother's ATV exhaust...poor thing, his hand was blistered all the way over the palm. He was just about 19 months old, too.

The silvadine cream was a lifesaver. We changed the bandages 2X daily as prescribed and reapplied the cream as directed. Within two weeks, you could barely tell he'd been burned. I realize it's not the same, but it healed far faster than we expected and he has NO scarring.

Please know my thoughts are with you and I hope you're doing fine by Xmas.

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back