Any ideas for removing Asphault from my truck

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slinkky

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get that sticky, tar-like, oily, greasy asphault off my WHITE truck?

The county sprayed the road yesterday. The wind was blowing 30 miles an hour (with gusts up to 40)...it was windy
default_yes.gif

While they were spraying, the stuff blew all over my truck. Coated it! How can I get it off?
default_sad.png

I called the county, they said the it was TXDOT's problem, TXDOT says it's a county road,
default_wacko.png
I don't think I'm going to get any help from either of them.

So do you have ideas on how get that crap off without hurting the paint or clearcoat?

thanks,

I called the county, they said the it was TXDOT's problem, TXDOT says it's a county road, I don't think I'm going to get any help from either of them.
what a bunch of crap!

My husband says rubbing compound and that they do sell tar remover in the store (probably walmart or somewhere would have it, for sure an auto parts store)

In Michigan, if there is a pothole, they just drop asphalt with rocks into the holes and let the cars pound it down...it makes me so dang mad...makes a mess of your vehicle.

you can use diesel fuel, it'll take it right off. wipe it on, wipe it right off. just don't make the mistake i did and pull your truck up into the grass because whatever drips onto the grass will kill it quicker than you can blink. for 2 years, i had a nice rectangular DEAD spot in the front yard, the dimensions of my truck. :DOH!

are you talking about just regular old diesel that you put in the tractor?

Just pour some on a rag and wipe? That sounds too easy!

Did the diesel dull the paint job?

I certainly wouldn't stop bothering them until they fixed the problem. Go up the chain and ask for everyones boss. I'd be steaming! Good Luck
default_sad.png

We once used gasoline when that happened to us. The car didn't get sprayed, but we had to go through a construction/resurfacing area and the section of road they directed traffic to drive on was still very wet. Even driving slow the stuff sprayed up from the tires. We stopped at the next gas station & got a container of gas & wiped it all off the car.

Having a dump truck that hauls asphalt we can tell you that diesel fuel takes it right off. And of course, I would wash it after wards.

There is also a product called Goo Gone that I love for sticky situations like this. If you don't have diesel around you might give this a try.

One time my little mare decided (on a hot summer day) to rub on a gooey, tarry, telephone pole. You wouldn't believe the places she got that stuff. Well, not knowing if Goo Gone was OK for skin, I put some on my arm and waited three hours and it didn't do anything to me, so I used it on her and it took it all off great. It did leave her a little greasy, but that was no big deal compared to the smears and globs of tar that she had in the first place.

Ever since then I've been a huge fan of Goo Gone. It works great for those darn stickers that stores put on things that leave an ugly mess.

Jayne

Great ideas! I'll try the diesel first. If that doesn't work I'll try some of the other suggestions.

Thanks Everyone
default_saludando.gif

Just to let everyone know.....Diesel Works!!!
default_aktion033.gif

My arms are tired and my sholders hurt, but the black goo is GONE!!
default_yes.gif

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I appreciate the help.

well, i see i'm too late to tell you yes, just regular diesel fuel. LOL!

glad it worked and i'm sure you washed your truck after you used it.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back