Any easy fun 4th of July cook out recipes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
Were planing a small get together for the 4th and I'd love to try some new ideas or some old favorite recipes you all have!

What do you all usually have besides the same old hotdogs and hamburger thing? Deserts, side dishes, main meals....

I just wanted to try something different so I thought I'd ask everyone!!
default_biggrin.png

Thanks in advance!!!

OK, this one is really old fashioned, but everyone seems to like how cold it is and how easy it goes down.

Jello Cake

Make a white cake (don't worry about doing the fancy 'use only whites' part) in a 13x9 pan.

While cake is cooking, make a small box of whatever flavor jello you like and leave it on the stove. (Orange, something red, or lime are our favorites.)

When cake is out and cooling a little, use the end of a wooden spoon or other pencil sized thing to poke holes all over your cake and pour the jello into the holes. Don't worry if it kind of messes up the top of your cake. It'll all get covered up.

Put the cake with the jello in it in the fridge to cool.

When it's cool, spread it with a layer of vanilla pudding, then a layer of cool whip.

Put it back in the fridge to really get cold. YUM!!

I have a really good cold pasta recipe that everyone here LOVES.. I don't have measurements for it though as I've gotten in the habit of just tossing it together to taste
default_rolleyes.gif
and depends on how many I'm making it for

Pasta Salad:

Garden rotini noodles

Cherry Tomatoes

Banana Pepper rings

Black Olives (if you want, I don't like them so I leave them out)

for the "dressing":

Olive Oil

Lemon Juice

Banana Pepper juice

Garlic

Oregano

Cook the noodles, then let them cool..

In a seperate bowl combine the dressing.. Go light on the oil or you'll have an oil taste (yuck!), I go heavy on the pepper juice as it gives it a good kick, teaspoon of garlic and I usually just toss in some Oregano (this too go on the lighter side)..

Once the noodles are cool, I halve the tomatoes (and black olives if you choose) and add the pepper rings.. Then I pour over the dressing and mix it well.. Tastes best if you chill the salad for a few hours before serving..

Then mom has a "Fourth Of July Bean Casserole"

Butter beans

Kidney Beans

Pork and Beans

Sausage

Hamburger

Bacon

sauce:

Ketchup

Mustard

BBQ sauce

Brown Sugar

Maple Syrup

Brown sausage/hamburger and cook bacon.. Combine with beans (drain the kidney/butter beans) in dish, add the sauce ingredients to taste (suppose to have a tangy/sweet BBQish flavor) and bake in oven for an hour (or until beans are done)

Okay, here's my recipe for Pink Cement~~~~~~~~Easy and tastes yummy.

2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese

1 can Eagle Brand milk

1 can cherry pie filling

1 small container Cool Whip

1 can crushed pineapple +juice (16-20 ounces)

1 small bag mini marshmallows

Mix until creamy the cream cheese and milk. Then add cherry filling, crushed pineapple and cool whip.

Mix then fold in marshmallows. Chill.

Enjoy!!!
default_wink.png

Big huge bash here with 10 thousand kids and friends of Dan's and ours and extended family, good neighbors, party in the yard extremely LOUD music and of course Beach Boys stuff, dancing, torches at night with tons of fireworks. Party starts about 1:00pm. YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO JOIN US!

We're grilling hot dogs, burgers and chickens. Dan's the barbequer guy and I'm making the traditional potatoe salad, macaroni salads, baked beans, stuffed deviled eggs, corn on the cob. On the cake thing, I'm cheating. I bought a Pillsbury 4th of July cake mix and matching frosting called Stars and Stripes. I'm doing melon balls this year. Scooping out water melons with and ice cream scoop, then honeydew melon balls and cantelope balls with a small scoop., serving in clear plastic see through cups and topped with whipped cream. I"m making brownies too plus there will be chips and dips of all kinds. For drinks we'll have Suntea, assorted soda and Koolade.

Marty

"Sure wish we could join you it sounds like lots of fun and the food sounds great to me.

Here is a great recipe for Potatoes on the grill!

Red, White and Bleu Potatoes

4 medium to large red skinned potatoes,thinly sliced

1 small Vidalia Onion, sliced

4 to 6 mushroom, sliced

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

2Tbls butter

1/4 cup bleu cheese or gorgonzola

Place potatoes, onions and mushrooms on a sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with butter. Crumble cheese on top. Fold packet to seal and cook either on a medium grill or in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft.

We found this recipe a couple years ago and now we make it several times a month in the oven or grill! It is perfect for a 4th of July Barbecue! Sheila
default_saludando.gif

My famous "cool sweet 'n hot Salsa" recipe -

This is really easy if you have one of those vidalia onion choppers that makes 1/4 or 1/2 cubes.

1 red pepper Cored & chopped

1 yellow pepper Cored & chopped

1 orange pepper Cored & chopped (I use the 3 colors just for looks - can use green or all one color)

2 jalapeño peppers - chopped (more or less to taste - I use the seeds and all - just take the top off)

2 medium cucumbers sliced and chopped

9 Roma tomatoes Chopped

1 vidalia onion peeled and chopped

Mix all together in large bowl

Add

3 tablespoons honey (or 3 - 4 packets from KFC
default_biggrin.png
)

3 -4 tablespoons Kosher salt.

Mix thoroughly and cover

Let sit overnight mix, and enjoy

Latest posts