Another "what food and loving will do" post

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
I hope you all don't get sick of seeing pics of Mingus, but I couldn't resist after the other posts on this topic.

I don't have a photo of Mingus when he was first rescued, but this is shortly after he came to live with us...dull, rough coat, no condition, still needing to gain weight...

Mingus-1.jpg

Here he is last weekend at the county fair

ccfair3.jpg

ccfairribons.jpg

hmmm...can you tell I'm proud of him?

Amazing, Susanne. I would never have guessed that was the same horse!

MA

I remember when you first got him Susanne. He was a pet in your front yard.

Little did any of us know that he would become a bright and shinning star that he is today.
thumbup.gif

You're right, Marty...and Keith and I were SUCH newbies! This reminds me of how much we owe to this forum for great advice...nutrition, handling a young stallion, grooming...WOW!

One thing that was fun at the Boring show back in March...Carmel, the woman who rescued Mingus in the first place, lives right next to the showgrounds and was there with her daughter. The look on her face when she saw the "new, improved Mingus" was unforgettable, and worth more than any ribbons.

I love the picture with his ribbons Susanne, he looks amazing!!

That's a second and third, right? I don't speak American ribbon colours, here that would be a first and a fourth. Congratulations regardless!

Don't worry, I don't think anyone gets tired of Mingus pictures!

Wow, he looks so healthy and so very happy. Lucky Mingus! So many minis have been blessed to finally find their saviours. I feel so very bad for those that are still out there.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Ginny Long

[SIZE=14pt]Oh Suzanne he looks WONDERFUL! [/SIZE]

Congradulations on your ribbons too.

Lyn

Mingus rocks!! you did a fabulous job with him.

Ginny StP

That is truly one horse I never get tired of seeing, he is so handsome. You have done wonderful by him. And congratulations on the ribbons, but he looks first place to me.

wink2.gif
clap2.gif
beer.gif
dance3.gif

What a handsome fellow...and he knows it too! You've done an awesome job with him.

I agree with Sonja...Mingus LOOKS like he's proud...happy and healthy! You may have been a newbie...but you sure did a great job!!!!
aktion033.gif
Its interesting when you see them feel good about themselves...thats the best part.

You guys are making me tear up...

One thing I've learned from adopting rescue dogs. cats and horses...as much as anything, they need love, self-esteem, and to know that nobody will ever give up on them again. We constantly tell our "kids" how much we love them, how beautiful and how good they are, and we mean every word of it.

So Mingus does indeed know that he is beautiful, and that he is truly a good boy (even when he is doing a good imitation of a stinker)...we tell him every day!

Latest posts

Back