Another What am I?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry

Reaction score
Dam is a silver bay pinto and sire is solid chestnut. Visually the foal looks like a sorrel pinto except his mane is black half way down and then his tail looks like it was dipped in black oil about 3inches from the bottom...rest is white. I do not see any silver in him at all. Could the silver come on later or would it have to be present at birth? The black is very dark to me in person but looks light in the pic. So I am guessing bay pinto because of the black or silver bay pinto if the black changes to silver or sorrel pinto and disregard the black because that could be a foal color? Dam does have some black hairs in her mane but not enough to show up except as individual black hairs throughout. So what do you guys think? I know the pics is not the best just shot a quick one while they were eating will take nicer ones this weekend.

Katina's%20Foal.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Id say bay pinto too.
default_yes.gif

Id say bay pinto too.
default_yes.gif

Not, I think, Tobiano....probably Splash in there as well, do I see a snip on the nose??

Bay base, anyway, not Sorrel.

Yes he does have a snip and a small star. Below is another pic showing his face markings better. His dam is a tobiano with sabino and splash according to the majority when I posted her pics a couple of months ago. Rabbitsfizz, Songcatcher, and Disneyhorse you all three were in agreement that dam carried all three genes. So I would say the colt would be a Tobiano Bay Pinto Colt with one blue eye and one brown eye (like dam) that he too would carry splash and sabino?

Katrina's%20Foal%20show.png

default_yes.gif
Yep a bay tobiano, most likely hiding splash, and theres a chance of sabio althogh he may not have roaning yet.

Yes he does have a snip and a small star. Below is another pic showing his face markings better. His dam is a tobiano with sabino and splash according to the majority when I posted her pics a couple of months ago. Rabbitsfizz, Songcatcher, and Disneyhorse you all three were in agreement that dam carried all three genes. So I would say the colt would be a Tobiano Bay Pinto Colt with one blue eye and one brown eye (like dam) that he too would carry splash and sabino?
I would say it is likely that he carries all three of the Pinto genes mentioned. As always, if planning to eventually use for breeding, I would test for LWO also.

Very pretty colt, and definately Bay.

Latest posts

Back