Another Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billiethekid40

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Billie still has some weight to put on in the shouders, and especially over the hips but he is steadily gaining now. He has been out in harness and really seems to be using his hind end for impulsion. I don't think they had him out in the harness at all, so thats really good... no opportunity to ruin him for it.

I think he has a new winter home lined up. Closer to home and a hore keeping attitude more similar to my own, rather than the "if it was good for my grandfathers work horses its fine for them now" attitude I noticed from the last family. They are also a lot closer to my home in halifax then the other home was, so it will be MUCH easier for me to visit, and rest assured I WILL. They came to visit, armed with photos of their home, barn, pastures and horses. They also brought along print out of possible insurance optios since I want him insured. Also, their farrier was with them (family friends).

They have a 14 year old son who wishes to use him in 4H and mini shows. They have a 5 year old daughter who also is looking forward to having him, and the woman is looking forward to a horse she can just go with, whie she waits for her filly to grow up enough to ride. their stalls are too narrow to split for him, so thery are going to use some of hubbys workshop area of the barn to build him a good sized one
laugh.gif
I am now waiting on their reference letter from their vet, but told them to go ahead and plan to have him move down as I can't see any problems arising. They plan to take him to an exibition in August, just for fun and to show lightly in some in-hand classes like costume, showmanship, halter and obstacle.

Sooo, wish me luck that THIS home is THE home for him and that all goes well for us. Here are some slideshows of him, one when he first came home and one of photos taken today! looking MUCH MUCH better!

before

after

BillieMay2005041.jpg

summer05013.jpg

summer05023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well, thanks to those that took the time to look and respond. I was pretty proud of myself for getting him back into shape, but I guess if you're not "in the clique" your accomplishments don't matter as much.
no.gif
Either that or I'm not doing as good a job as I thought.
unsure.gif

aktion033.gif
Well congrats!!! I personaly think you have done a great accomplishment...he really looks Great!!! much better than the first time I saw him!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
can tell much love went into taking care of him!!!

Wow, it's amazing what time, love and good food will do for an animal. You've done a great job. The new family finds great too. Way to go.

Ginny StP

I just now saw this thread and I am really impressed.

I know how long it takes to get them looking good once they've been starved down that far. I wish the people that did that could be made to understand!!!

You are definitely on the right track, though the muscle tone does take a lot longer to come back than one would think.

Best wishes and thanks for the happy update.

Liz M.

Well done. I especially like the way you are taking it steady and slow- it's so easy to overdo it and just have a fat horse!!!

Latest posts

Back