Another update on me..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know training went well on Thrus. My first day is Mon.. I am very excited..I am just going to be a cashier at a retail gas station/convient store), but I am starting out at what it took me 10 yrs to make at the bank I use to work for, and I was vault/head teller, as high as you could go on the teller line.. Heck I am going to be making more than my drugie sister who works with explosives.. But the only bad news is that I won't be able to be on here as much
default_no.gif
. I am on the forum at night, and that is the shift I picked, since I can't sleep much anyways, plus this way I won't miss much with the kids and still be able to spend my after dinner hours with my mini's
default_wub.png
.. I pray that this helps us, as hubby found out today, that he might not get called back.. After 10 yrs there..
default_no.gif
But he is trying to wait till they sign the contract, so he can get his back pay(he hasn't had a raise in 5 yrs), and also the "bonus" they are getting. With the new contract, his buy out is going to be taken away (100,000 at retirement). So they are going to give them 5,000. instead and pay them it at the signing of the new contract.. I really do not like that place.. He works for a dock company. on Lake Erie that was bought out by Candian National (CN), railroad, and they really have put that dock in the ground..

Alright enough going on and on.. Wish me luck, and I will try to stay caught up on here..It just will be during the day, now..
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you enjoy your new job!!!

And, I hear you about banker's salaries... I used to be a loan officer and had a ton of responsibilty and made weekly presentations to the board of directors. Now I am in the office half as much, a job that I love, and make tremendously more money... Best thing I ever did was to resign
default_yes.gif

With the buyout thing, was that a buyout to replace / in lieu of having a pension? I've worked with many, many clients on those situations and the buy out is typically the best deal for them for many reasons. There are laws and if he has accrued a pension, they cannot take that away w/o reasonable benefit and I doubt $5k is "okay" unless people agree to accept it (just saying watch out -- sounds like there may be some intentional misleading getting ready t happen).

Hi Jill, thanks for your reply.. I know, I had a lot of major responsibilities and did not recieve anything for all that I did.

With the buyout thing, was that a buyout to replace / in lieu of having a pension? I've worked with many, many clients on those situations and the buy out is typically the best deal for them for many reasons. There are laws and if he has accrued a pension, they cannot take that away w/o reasonable benefit and I doubt $5k is "okay" unless people agree to accept it (just saying watch out -- sounds like there may be some intentional misleading getting ready t happen).

No, this "buy out" is on top of his other pension. That is why the guys don't want to sign the contract.. The don't want to loose that. plus everything else they want to take away(the list is a mile long) My father inlaw worked on the railroad side and his buy out was close to 400,000.. He was lucky and retired 2 yrs ago, so he got his...But of course they are broke
default_wacko.png
that is all you hear, and my mother in law didn't even want to go over to school for my daughter for her picinic because gas prices are to high.. She lives less than an hr away
default_rolleyes.gif
But I guess that is how the rich stay rich!!!
default_whistling.gif

Congrats on your new job....make sure you rest as much as possible...working nights will really wear you down...been there, done that! It seems as much as you sleep, you never feel rested.

Latest posts

Back