Another shameless brag

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
'The girls' and I were out showing again this past weekend. Friday was very discouraging (I'll leave that to a vent on my blog..better things to talk about here
default_smile.png
)...

Saturday, I had a good friend help me show. She handled Moxie and won a Group 3rd on her!!! I was sooooo excited!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
We didn't have other competition in breed...it was just my girls entered.

Sunday, I was back handling Moxie, another friend helped with the puppies. Moxie won Breed over 2 other specials (who I've been trying to beat on my own all summer, as they are with a pro handler), and Delilah won Best Puppy over the one special who is still a puppy!!!! Then Mox & I were one of 6 pulled in Group!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Didn't get placed in Group....I see handlers in the ring, and I get very intimidated
default_rolleyes.gif
But I was happy with being pulled!!
default_biggrin.png

I guess all my luck didn't rub off on Lyn!!
default_laugh.png

Here is a pic of Moxie and her Group 3rd the day after (it was POURING rain Saturday, so my friend didn't want to stick around for a picture). Not a very good picture, the photographers are new to this, and still learning HOW we want the dogs to look (which is annoying, because the pictures AREN'T cheap, but how else do they learn unless they get out there and do them), so Mox isn't standing very well...but I've still got a pic to prove it!! lol
default_wub.png

group3.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

~kathryn

i think moxie looks just fine and the smile on your face says it all! congrats! i would SO love to see you show somewhere!

Thanks everyone!! I was in tears Saturday when Mox got the Group 3rd!
default_wub.png

That is my Obedience instructor in the picture holding the ribbon. He and his wife have both been helping me show the girls here and there!

Charlene, I was hoping there was a supported entry for Cardigans in Illinois (or Iowa) this year, but no such luck. We are heading to Monroe, MI NEXT weekend (the 27-28) then Massachusetts in November. Then possibly the Tennessee/Kentucky circuit in March if I can get away.....then on to Nationals in Topeka, Kansas in April.....that is of course if I can get all the time off
default_wink.png
Don't know what will be in store after that!

~kathryn

I meant to add these pictures!!

This is what the grounds looked like Sunday morning after the rains on Saturday....the rings were a bit better than this, but not by much

IMG_7155.jpg

What the bottom half of the previously posted picture looked like!! Check out my fashion statement
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
And my pants were STILL filthy....they will never be the same
default_sad.png
default_laugh.png

IMG_7160.jpg

And how we got the girls ringside!!!! Don't know why we bothered....just walking into the ring they ended up filthy!!!
default_rolleyes.gif

IMG_7161.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Kathryn & girls........ looks like you had another great round of placings....which has to take brighten a rainy day a bit eh?

You should be incredibly proud of the line that you have produced. They just keep on wining and winning and winning...
default_firstprize.gif

Oh Valerie, the RAIN!! You have no idea!!! LOL I madly packed up on Saturday, praying the rain would let up...just a bit...that's all I asked!! LOL But it just kept coming and coming. It's taken me all week to get all my 'gear' hosed down and re-dried then put away....haven't even looked at my clothes yet
default_no.gif
I'm thinking they are not going to come out of it very well!
default_rolleyes.gif
But to tell you the truth, I didn't care how much it was raining on Saturday after Mox won the Group 3!!! And Sunday when she took Breed, and Delilah went Best Puppy over dogs that were shown with Pro-handlers, and I've been trying to beat them on my own all summer....well I didn't care how disgusting the dogs looked, or how awful my clothes were!! It was SUCH a good end to the weeekend...especially when I couldn't have done worse on Friday!

gimp, thanks! I love 'em to bits
default_wub.png

~kathryn

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You and the girls deserve it, you've worked hard for those placings.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back